• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

...Actually you are quite lucky you didn't get sprayed OR BITTEN! I read somewhere that the number one animal carrier of rabies is the skunk. Tomato paste/juice supposedly will wash the smell off, but a rabies shot is like 5-7 in the arse.:(

I thought bats were #1 on the list for the carrier of rabies.

I was playing this course a couple days ago with a buddy, it has several water holes along a river. We always joke around about whos gonna be the one to throw their disc in the river. I threw at this one water hole first and barely made it over the water ( probly 300 feet or so ), my buddy threw next, it was a terribly thrown low worm burner type throw like 1-2 feet over top the water, it skipped three times covering about 30 feet of length between skips and the last skip shot it out of the water up onto the fairway right up by the basket. We both were amazed and in shock as we thought for sure his disc was gonna be a gonner, neither of us have ever seen a disc skip on the water before in 15 years since weve disc golfed together, it was funny and amazing as hell. Doubt if ill ever see that again.

Last edited:
I was playing this course a couple days ago with a buddy, it has several water holes along a river. We always joke around about whos gonna be the one to throw their disc in the river. I threw at this one water hole first and barely made it over the water ( probly 300 feet or so ), my buddy threw next, it was a terribly thrown low worm burner type throw like 1-2 feet over top the water, it skipped three times covering about 30 feet of length between skips and the last skip shot it out of the water up onto the fairway right up by the basket. We both thought for sure his disc was a gonner, neither of us have ever seen a disc skip on the water before in 15 years weve played together, it was funny and amazing as hell. Doubt if ill ever see that again.

I would have loved to have seen that. I bet that was cool to see.

Today at Taylor Lake Village, a course surrounded by houses on two sides, a guy came up from near one of the houses near the #6 basket. He had a bike and a dog with him. He looked at us, hollers "Fore" and then watched us make a few throws, and then walked away. Strange to see,

Ha, maybe he's had that yelled at him a few times and thinks that's how disc golfers say hello.

I saw a guy throw a roller into a crazy headwind at Lake Lewisville,TX.The Disc rolled about 250',came to a complete stop,and rolled back within feet of the tee and ended up about 300' behind the tee.We laughed until it hurt.

Today at Taylor Lake Village, a course surrounded by houses on two sides, a guy came up from near one of the houses near the #6 basket. He had a bike and a dog with him. He looked at us, hollers "Fore" and then watched us make a few throws, and then walked away. Strange to see,
I have no idea what to make of that. lol

This is not as weird as it is cool.

We were playing on Sunday at Taylor Lake Village, a course that is about 7 miles from the air field that the air show was going on. We were on the #8 tee and we heard a roar. We looked up to see the "Blue Angels" flying in formation over head. It was very cool to see.

I was playing in a 3 disc only round today, and I carried a back pack with me, but forgot to put my baseball in my bag. I got my driver stuck in a tree, so I threw my Buzz at it, and got it suck as well. I didn't want to go 3 for 3 and get my putter stuck, so I did they only thing I could. I took my unopened 20oz bottle of Diet Dr.Pepper, and started to throw it at my discs.

It took about 15 throws, because the discs were about 60ft up in the tree, but I got them back, with out the bottle busting open. I was right next to a busy street, and I bet the people driving by were wondering what the world I was doing. It looked pretty funny to the people I was playing with, and I know I can't open that Dr Pepper now for about a month.

There have to be some more stories out there. Am I the only one still seeing strange things and funny things on the course?:confused:

There are some older ladies that walk their small dogs thru the fairways at my home course. We have seen them enough to speak, chit chat for a moment, then move on.
Last Fri, we were @ to tee off on #10, when we saw them. My buddy told the lady that they might want to move, and as we waited for them to get out of the way, my buddy huks his driver, kisses off a tree, and the disc heads straight for 1 of the ladies.
She reached down, snatched the dog up, and took off running.
My buddy and I were killing ourselves, trying not to laugh out loud.
It took us several moments to compose ourselves and continue.

There are some older ladies that walk their small dogs thru the fairways at my home course. We have seen them enough to speak, chit chat for a moment, then move on.
Last Fri, we were @ to tee off on #10, when we saw them. My buddy told the lady that they might want to move, and as we waited for them to get out of the way, my buddy huks his driver, kisses off a tree, and the disc heads straight for 1 of the ladies.
She reached down, snatched the dog up, and took off running.
My buddy and I were killing ourselves, trying not to laugh out loud.
It took us several moments to compose ourselves and continue.

I would have lost it and fell over laughing if I saw that.

We were playing yesterday, when we saw a family of 4 playing disc golf. Looked like Mom and Dad, and two teenagers. I took a closer look and noticed they all had Frisbees.
I felt bad at first, that they didn't have read discs, but they looked like they were having a blast. We let them pass us on a hole where we lost a disc, and I asked them how they were doing, and they said they were having a fun time. I told them a little about real discs, and they guy thanked me. Its nice to see more people getting into the sport.

We were playing yesterday, when we saw a family of 4 playing disc golf. Looked like Mom and Dad, and two teenagers. I took a closer look and noticed they all had Frisbees.
I felt bad at first, that they didn't have read discs, but they looked like they were having a blast. We let them pass us on a hole where we lost a disc, and I asked them how they were doing, and they said they were having a fun time. I told them a little about real discs, and they guy thanked me. Its nice to see more people getting into the sport.

I see alot of that at several different courses I play at.
I figure, if they are outside, as a family, more power to them. I have had people approach me and ask questions, and I answer them in layman's terms. Some people (I believe) sometimes get scared away, because they don't have a bag full of discs, can't throw past 50 ft, etc.
I always encourage them to play in the weekly doubles league, regardless of their skill level.

I showed the family a few types of grips to help them out,and the seemed happy to get the information.

I took a buddy out for his first round ever. He decided to bring along his son. before we hit the course, we hit the local pro shop and they each grabbed a few discs (floaters). He wanted his son to really enjoy the experience with his own equipment. I had to appreciate that. We went to play "The Fountain" in Fountain Hills, AZ. My buddy proceeds to throw is tee shot into the lake. He was pretty bummed and decided to go in after it since it was floating. After he removed his socks and shoes he looks up and to his dismay he sees 2 floaters out there. As they say, "like father, like son." The boy had tossed his is as well. Only his was much farther out. So there goes this newbie swimming out to retrieve 2 floaters. Speaking of floaters...I have to mention that this "lake" is filled with reclaimed sewage water. Like a turd in a toilet my buddy was swimming out to his discs. The rest of us had a goof laugh and a stinky ride home.

it was a super shank throw. the water ran along the edge of the hole and it was not really an "over the water" throw. either way, it was fun to watch.

Latest posts