• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

Better Hoth that Tatooine.

If I'm going to pass a stone I'll take ice over sand any day.

You guys seem pretty knowledgeable about that stuff ...

Where'd you say you were from??? ;)

Not at a course but i just lost my brand new Avenger SS in a storm drain... Guess thats what i get for drive practicing over a street...

So we were walking to the tee right after Joe got a birdie and he was talking about how his wife makes this awful casserol when BAM! Right here...see the arrow? there was this rotten putrified armadillo carcass...something like this here....and it was stinky like this and there were flies buzzing around all like this and then Joe was said "Yeah its like that" and we all laughed...man it was funny...so who has the box?

attachment.php

I have to take my hat off to you billnchristy. That is pretty damn funny.:hfive:

Jukeshoe's Fun Fact: Armadillo's can be hosts for lepersy.

Holy crap. I can see it now. I make a great drive, and my arm comes off, and goes with it. :gross:

Naw, they've got pills for that **** nowadays. Still, it would be pretty funny to catch it. I'd run around all grubby-like for a week or so, just to see who really freaks out. :p

Naw, they've got pills for that **** nowadays. Still, it would be pretty funny to catch it. I'd run around all grubby-like for a week or so, just to see who really freaks out. :p

Now I wish I had taken a pic of that amadillo. I don't know why, but I didn't think of it at the time. :(

Now I wish I had taken a pic of that amadillo. I don't know why, but I didn't think of it at the time. :(

Because you are normal. Most people don't take pictures of dead Armadillos.:sick: But using one for a mini marker would be very original. I read a review, of a course I think in Penn. The guy mentioned a dead deer in the fairway. If you did take a pic, then You could bury it and put some sort of headstone. We would have to come up with a name. Cubby or a disc golf type name.

Last edited:
Wierd things on the golf course? One word, LARPERS. For those of you who don't know what this is, it stand for Live Action Role Play. It's basically real life Dungeons and Dragons. They have foam swords, and beanbags for magic spells. I was at Veteran's Park one day, and saw a huge group of them. Got to witness a pretty epic battle on hole 17. Then again, they were probably thinking we were weird throwing frisbees into a basket.

Wierd things on the golf course? One word, LARPERS. For those of you who don't know what this is, it stand for Live Action Role Play. It's basically real life Dungeons and Dragons. They have foam swords, and beanbags for magic spells. I was at Veteran's Park one day, and saw a huge group of them. Got to witness a pretty epic battle on hole 17. Then again, they were probably thinking we were weird throwing frisbees into a basket.

They have been out doing that almost every time I have played the vet. I herd a story about one of the guys with the full armor letting people chunck discs at him.

The basket is where the princess is locked up!:p

Weird but also funny in a sad way. I was playing Rand Park in Keokuk IA with my dog on Sunday, putting on hole 2 when an old lady says "Is your dog friendly?" (I missed the putt) I said yeah and her dog drags her over. They visit and we chat for a minute then she and the dog walk off. As she is walking away I notice a peculiar wet spot on her back end and pant legs. I guess the dog pulled so hard she pissed herself. I feel like I would stop walking my dog and go put on some Depends and change my pants instead of stopping to chat at the park. Like I said weird, funny, and sad all at the same time.

My only run-in with LARPERs was at college. Even the geeks who still played D&D thought they were dorks and to be avoided at all costs. :\

Latest posts