• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

On the 9 hole courseat plamman, a bit off the fairway of hole 5 there was this log, with fake plastic flowers placed by it. then there was this envelope that said some guys name on it. I can't remember the name. But it was there All summer until i found that someone opened it in november i think. I just thought it was kinda weird.

So, your little brother is the weirdest thing you've found on a course?__________________ Originally posted by SloppyDisc: Go bake a pi

If you knew our little brother you'd post the same. And its not weird our little bro was there. It was weird he threw three discs in the same swamp

I don't get how that happens either, I mean...I threw straiter and more accurate when I first started than I usually do now. Though I do put more power/technique into it now and get loads more distance. Back when I first started I threw more like I threw a regular frisbee...at least the first day as the second day I know I was throwing forehand. And that's how my first disc got stolen. It came in low around a bush and I didn't know we were at the pro tee so the disc flew in right next to the am tee. We looked for a long time and there was a fence beyond the am tee so we knew something else must have happened or then it must have done something rather odd. I told some random guy I played a round with about that story and he said he's heard of people hiding in the woods on the hole just behind that one and running up to grab discs when they fly around. Anyways, was he just trying to throw as hard as possible or what?

Too funny

This dude's hair and his dog's where an exact match...couldn't get a sneaky shot from they're front, but Sloppydisc will vouch for the identicalness of it.
IMAG0134.jpg

I didn't see you snatch that picture. Funny. From the front those two are twins. I kept thinking the Shaggy DA or whatever that old Disney movie was.

This dude's hair and his dog's where an exact match...couldn't get a sneaky shot from they're front, but Sloppydisc will vouch for the identicalness of it.
IMAG0134.jpg

In days gone by, when I was sporting dreads; my Samoyed had some as well. He was not much of a discin' dog though. Would travel with us for a few holes; get bored; wander off and end up laying under our vehicle; which was fine, until the police picked him up once and hauled him to the doggy pound; which was expensive. Didn't take him discin' much after that....

We were playing Thursday Night Triples at Druid Hill Park, a course located in a dicey neighborhood in Baltimore. Our group was ready to tee off on hole #3, but an elderly homeless woman wearing a stylish garbage bag was taking her time walking up the fairway. We waited for her, and then teed off after she had disappeared into the shule on the right side of the fairway.

One guy's throw turns way over into the shule near where the homeless woman disappeared. As he gingerly starts walking towards his disc, homeless woman bellows, "Get the *$#!@ out of my house!" Somewhat taken aback, the guy apologizes and explains that he needs to retrieve his disc. Homeless woman replies, "If you could throw straight, you wouldn't need to come in my house, %#$@&*%$@#*er!"

See, even crazy homeless people understand about keeping it on the fairway.

:clap: Very funny.

At Dickerson Park in Monroe the creek is full of sh*t-water. Back by hold #11 there is an old toilet in the creek. So there is a toilet in sh!t water. Totally backwards!

Bumped 'cause my buddy was making his putt this weekend, and got clobbered by ice.

Having a thaw here, and right as he was about to putt, a huge chunk of ice seperated from the trees above and landed square on his head. He had to take a knee and everything. Was pretty bad...

Bumped 'cause my buddy was making his putt this weekend, and got clobbered by ice.

Having a thaw here, and right as he was about to putt, a huge chunk of ice seperated from the trees above and landed square on his head. He had to take a knee and everything. Was pretty bad...

ouch :\ did he make the putt?

Wow that's rough Chief. Gotta watch that falling ice though. When I was in elementary school I was out goofing off with a neighbor kid and he took an icicle to the head and had to get stitches. Wicked stuff. Hope your buddy is alright though.

I was playing a round with one of my friends at Seymour Butts (Seymour Lake Park) in Oxford, MI. We came to hole #10 and I was setting up my putt for par, which I proceeded to miss. All of the sudden, this individual with a dog starts walking up to us. Of course, the dog isn't on a leash, which is illegal. So, the dog runs up to my friend and attempts to rip his disc out of his hand. Luckily, my friend moved before the dog chewed it. So, I proceeded to ignore my putter which was laying helplessly near the basket. To my dismay, the dog trots up to it and picks it up with his teeth! The owner proceeds to say that his dog loves frisbees, and that he can't throw them for her because of his terrible arthritis (yeah right). Then, I specifically tell him that I don't want him to rip the disc out of the dog's mouth. Of course, he proceeds to tear my perfectly beat in DX aviar from his stupid dogs mouth. He then gave it back to me, chewed, without saying he was sorry in any way. The dog continued to jump after the disc while i held it and also nipped me on the leg with its teeth. Later that day, we saw the same guy on the course with his dog. I proceeded to warn everyone not to throw. Also, I saw them roaming the course a week later. I was puzzled as to why he would take a dog, unleashed, to a DG course if the dog loves to catch and chew up frisbees.

This past fall at Sedgley I threw a drive on hole 7 that kinda slipped, leading the disc to hyzer about 200 feet, skip, and nail some unsuspecting dude directly in the nads. All this happened behind a bush so I didn't know till I walked over and saw him laying on the ground holding his crotch, with his buddies around cracking up. I felt horrible and apologised, and luckily he was pretty cool about it and just laughed it off... pretty funny thinking about it now though!

aj

I was playing a round with one of my friends at Seymour Butts (Seymour Lake Park) in Oxford, MI. We came to hole #10 and I was setting up my putt for par, which I proceeded to miss. All of the sudden, this individual with a dog starts walking up to us. Of course, the dog isn't on a leash, which is illegal. So, the dog runs up to my friend and attempts to rip his disc out of his hand. Luckily, my friend moved before the dog chewed it. So, I proceeded to ignore my putter which was laying helplessly near the basket. To my dismay, the dog trots up to it and picks it up with his teeth! The owner proceeds to say that his dog loves frisbees, and that he can't throw them for her because of his terrible arthritis (yeah right). Then, I specifically tell him that I don't want him to rip the disc out of the dog's mouth. Of course, he proceeds to tear my perfectly beat in DX aviar from his stupid dogs mouth. He then gave it back to me, chewed, without saying he was sorry in any way. The dog continued to jump after the disc while i held it and also nipped me on the leg with its teeth. Later that day, we saw the same guy on the course with his dog. I proceeded to warn everyone not to throw. Also, I saw them roaming the course a week later. I was puzzled as to why he would take a dog, unleashed, to a DG course if the dog loves to catch and chew up frisbees.

what a D-bag

Contraception stretched across the top of the pin on hole #11 of Parma's old layout. Gross.

This reminds me, a while back we were on hole 18 of hiestand park. My friend was in the brush throwing a low tomahawk over a bush which was right in front of him. In front of said bush was me but this bush was raised up a bit on some dirt(part of a slow raising hill). He said heads up so I turn around realizing he was behind me to see a fly dye disc aimed right for my head...yes it hit too. At least he owed me after that.