• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

One of my favorite stories from the past that was told on here:
So about a week ago i'm at this "course" its 4 holes of open field (10 min from my house and good for practicing weird shots). Anyway, this kid is playing on the swings near the course and comes running over to me and asks if he can play. I give him one of my discs to just chuck around. He starts winging it around and ends up tossing it too far and it lands in this marsh area. His mom says "go get the nice man's disc." The kid who's about 4 ft. tall walks into the area and ends up sinking in the mudd up to his thighs and starts crying cause he couldn't get out. His mom goes in to rescue him and as she's pulling him out she falls over into the mudd. I had to do everything in my power to not crack up. I ended up going in and helping them both get out. It was too funny.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!! Damn it man, you used your own sock?! I guess you gotta do , what you gotta do. I would have used my disc golf towl, and left it and bought a new one.

No towel, all I had was my socks that I could dispose. After that, I started carrying TP. I have taken many #2's on courses since.

Some of my favorites in 20 years of playing..

- A family using the basket as grill. There was literally chicken hanging from the chains and charcoal lined in the basket with flames coming up.
- A couple having sex with the girl holding the basket
- Grand theft auto in a parking lot at a course right in front of us.
- A stolen car crashed into the rough at a course

I know 1/4 was at sanford.........I'd imagine the rest could be as well :D

I saw a dude the other day show up to the course in typical white trash attire: he was 6'4", super skinny, tons of ****ty tattoo's, wife beater and cut off shorts, 12 inch Newport cig danglining in his mouth and the kicker?? A baby under his arm and 1 disc in the other. He proceeded to play the course like this. :popcorn::popcorn:

This morning: Hole 17 at Iron Hill, 710 ft par 6

I proceeded to tee off with a drive right along the right side of the fairway. As I'm walking towards my disc, a man says hello. He's wearing a suit jacket and pants and is sitting in a lawn chair. Sitting underneath a tree, staring at a tree. He has a huge grin on his face, so I keep on walking to my disc and throw and go on my way.

I

This morning: Hole 17 at Iron Hill, 710 ft par 6

I proceeded to tee off with a drive right along the right side of the fairway. As I'm walking towards my disc, a man says hello. He's wearing a suit jacket and pants and is sitting in a lawn chair. Sitting underneath a tree, staring at a tree. He has a huge grin on his face, so I keep on walking to my disc and throw and go on my way.

I

Is that the end of the story?:popcorn:

Wow

I don't know where some of these storys take place but wow. I'm from SW Michigan and have been discing for a while now and i've never even heard anything as crazy as some of these storys. I guess the crazyist thing i've ever seen would be a guy taking a hit of "medication" (were in MI so it really is consderded medicine) and then proceded to pass out and face plant in the mud during a tournament. He woke about 15 seconds later covered from head to toe in mud, I couldn't stop laughing. :D

I bet my buddy he could not ace the hole we were on. I said of you ace this i will play the next hole in my boxers. well he did and so did I. not the strangest thing i have seen but i know a few people on the course got a show. I don't make stupid bets anymore.

I don't know where some of these storys take place but wow. I'm from SW Michigan and have been discing for a while now and i've never even heard anything as crazy as some of these storys. I guess the crazyist thing i've ever seen would be a guy taking a hit of "medication" (were in MI so it really is consderded medicine) and then proceded to pass out and face plant in the mud during a tournament. He woke about 15 seconds later covered from head to toe in mud, I couldn't stop laughing. :D

What the hell kind of "medication" is this?

This isn't something that I saw but when I was talking to someone before a tourney started. I went to warm up putting before the toureny on the previous hole. I see this guy walking around obviously looking for a disc. So I decide to help him look for it. No one wants to loose a disc right before a tourney starts. This hole is short and an obvious right hand flick hole. So I ask the guy what color and start looking for it. We look for a few minutes and I decide to ask if he threw a flick? I did this because you could throw an anny if you wanted to and we couldn't find the disc. After asking him if he threw a flick and responded by tell me "no, I threw a backhand sidearm." I was kinda speechless after this and said sorry I don't think we can find the disc. No sure if you guys will find that as funny as I did but I hope you enjoy it.

This isn't something that I saw but when I was talking to someone before a tourney started. I went to warm up putting before the toureny on the previous hole. I see this guy walking around obviously looking for a disc. So I decide to help him look for it. No one wants to loose a disc right before a tourney starts. This hole is short and an obvious right hand flick hole. So I ask the guy what color and start looking for it. We look for a few minutes and I decide to ask if he threw a flick? I did this because you could throw an anny if you wanted to and we couldn't find the disc. After asking him if he threw a flick and responded by tell me "no, I threw a backhand sidearm." I was kinda speechless after this and said sorry I don't think we can find the disc. No sure if you guys will find that as funny as I did but I hope you enjoy it.

haha.

so I guess my normal way of throwing is a sidearm backhand

These were both from tonigh at Shillito in Lexington, KYt....

After throwing our drives from the tee on #9, we started walking towards our drives. There is an asian kid about 20 years old walking on the fairway towards us. He walks directly into a tree limb which knocked off his hat. He picked up his hat and then started walking towards our group of 5. He then picked up one of our discs and turned 90 degrees towards the road. About 50 feet away from him we yelled that those were our discs..... that he had just watched us drive. He dropped the disc and said "I left it where I saw it". He then continued walking in our direction and then left the park. WTF? Was this kid high or something?

Next up.... we were finishing on hole 13 and walking to tee 14. All the sudden 3 SUVs drive passed us.... on the fairway. Again, WTF? They then park in the grass directly in front of the tee and in the way of where our drives needed to go. Out jumps 4 girls in prom dresses with their parents and mcuh younger siblings (I'm assuming). They decide to take pictures within 50 feet of the basket. We would have said something.... but obviously it was there prom night.... and they didn't have dates. So, they were already feeling self-conscious. So, we skipped the hole.

Latest posts