• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

I was playing the ice bowl at Burke Lake in VA in Feb. There were high winds and it was an interesting first round. Well I was practicing my putting in said wind before the second round on a temp basket. I hear a crack and kind of look around and all of a sudden a pine tree falls between me and the basket and crushes a nearby picnic bench. No one was hurt but it definitely freaked me out a bit. The tree falling caused the basket to fall over and the second round was suspended.

Damn!:eek:

Falling tree limbs

Playing in Old Setlers in Round Rock, TX at hole #3. A storm cam out of nowwhere really quickly. Winds picked up to at least 50-60 MPH. Friend of mine went towards the creek under a large tree to get out of the rain. Lound crack noise and a tree branch the size of a truck came crashing down. My friend ran and dodged the limb and ran about 40 yards away when another crack could be heard and a limb even larger nearly got him again. It was a scary moment but sorta funny. We kept asking him why karma was after him the rest of the round.

---------------------

One other story. My brother lost a disc during a round with his number on it. The next day he comes by and says you have got to listen to this voice message. The voice message went as follows:

Hey Nig** I got your disc! If you want it back your going to have to pay. - Click -

Guy never called back and number was blocked so no return call. The way the guy said it on the message was like he was holding a child for ransom.

Last edited:
Beehive in the basket!

Yesterday I played two rounds at Twyla Reid Park in Anaheim, CA, which is an entertaining local-park-9-holer. The basket used for holes 1 & 6 was wrapped with caution tape, but it looked OK.

On closer examination, we found a small colony of bees that has built their hive on the pole underneath the basket! :eek:

I didn't know that bees would build their hives on metal. Undisturbed, the bees were not aggressive. So instead of shooting for the basket on these holes, we played "closest to the pin without hitting it."

Attachments

• TReid 1st-beehive.jpg
    TReid 1st-beehive.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 298
http://www.pdga.com/course-details?id=2350 Chavez Ridge by Dodger Stadium.

I had my wife and my daughter with me. We kept seeing rubber gloves on the ground but didn't think much about them. We got to a Eucalyptus grove and saw this guy just staring off into the trees. He kept eyeing us. About 50 feet away there was another dude staring into the same direction. He was looking at us suspiciously too. I took my shot and kept walking. Then we see a 3rd guy staring off into the trees and keeping an eye on us. I started getting worried that we had stumbled on some major drug deal so I told my wife that we should probably go. She was feeling the same thing.

We get to the parking lot and sat in our car. I noticed that there was a lot of traffic in the parking area. Cars of guys would come and go and they all kept staring at us. I was still thinking that these guys were gangsters or mafia or something. Then my wife noticed a rainbow sticker on one of the cars. I starting looking at the other cars and there were other rainbow stickers. They practically all had them. Then this guy walks into the grove with cutoff jean short shorts and a bandanna tied around his neck.

That's right. We had stumbled across a secret daytime forest orgy.

I told some friends about it. One of them is a professional dogwalker. She told me it happens all the time up there.

we were playing at Exposition Park in Colorado the other weekend. After throwing my drive into the lake of despair, we decided to pull out the golden retriever. it is smart to anchor the end of the rope to a bag so you don't lose it (hindsight). I held it while my buddy threw the retriever into the water. instead of retrieving my disc we ended up looking like the three stooges and threw the whole thing into the water rope and all. Maybe not the funniest thing I have ever seen but the dumbest I have ever done on the course. later we did get the disc but lost the golden retriever.

http://www.pdga.com/course-details?id=2350 Chavez Ridge by Dodger Stadium.

That's right. We had stumbled across a secret daytime forest orgy.

Wow! I'm going up there tomorrow. I'm betting they don't have their "parties" on the weekends...

My question is this: why do these people have to litter the park? "Pack it in, pack it out" ... <so to speak> :eek:

girlfriend and i were playing a local course and it was her turn to step up to the pad. well she held onto her dragon a little long and it drifted into a tree 100' up the fairway. i saw 'it' fall from the tree so i didnt worry about it being lost. as we approach her 'disc' i realize what had fallen from the tree was not one but two decent sized robins. Her dragon was still loged just next to their nest. Sadly both birds gave there lives to denie her a par.

I was playing at Parmalee Park the other week. On the woods holes, the fairways are lined with logs. I threw my Roc a little too low, and about 100' out, it hit one of the logs and started to ride it, directly toward a squirrel. I think I missed it by a few inches.

Pic

this would have to be the day i was playing at roland park in akron and about 60 head of cattle came roaring through from the 3rd hole by the road towards the corn field next to hole 15. COW CRAP EVERYWHERE!

That orange thing
unsure.gif

IMG_9833.jpg

Two weeks ago the group I was playing with came across two police officers on the tee pad for #6. They were searching the bags of the foursome in front of us. As we are putting on #5 one of the officers pulls a foot tall bubbler out and remarks "this must of benn the bong the caller was talking about"

about a week ago at roland park, we had a hurd of cows come running up over the 3rd fairway. probably about 30 or 40 of them. the crazy thing is they came from the opposite direction of the where the farm is located near roland park. left some cow plops to navigate through though

lol

this would have to be the day i was playing at roland park in akron and about 60 head of cattle came roaring through from the 3rd hole by the road towards the corn field next to hole 15. COW CRAP EVERYWHERE!

double lol

Not much. First time a friend and I played this course we happened to park in proximity to one of the end chains. We get up to it and he says "bro please don't hit my car". I drove just fine staying on the green. He steps up and launches a disc like he was mad at it... directly into his car.

Latest posts