• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

Central Park in Schenectady, NY - found 5 dead fish lying next to a coupon for a minor league hockey team's game in the middle of fairway #16. There is a lake at the course, but I don't think there are fish in it. And the hockey season was over.

Found a C-note once, that was cool.
Found a glass piece on my first time out, that was cool.
Have found condoms, panties, sketchy hookup areas/bum camps multiple times. Not so cool.
Found four mostly naked bums doing something together, but didn't want to look closer. One of the women, who sounded like one of Marge's sisters from the Simpsons assured us "Don't worry, we're just givin' massages." Also not so cool.

Technically not on the course, but we did have my friends basket out for a bit if pig. After disc golfing yesterday we arrived at my friend's apartment and rested a bit while waiting for the meat to thaw(explained later). We went out to the park near his apartment building with his practice basket for pig and a little grill for some burgers. It was getting dark out but we had the grill going. Suddenly after hearing a cops radio we notice there are 3 squad cars on the street and a fire truck headed down it. The cop walking up to us(from who we heard the radio) asks "is there any reason for there being a fire out here?" one of my friends says "a grill" and points over to the little grill. The cop seemed dumbfounded for a bit then replied "ok, have a good night"(or something like that, I can't remember exactly what he said). After he walked away towards the squad cars we hear him yell "It's just a bunch of guys playing some disc golf and grilling." Made us laugh when we heard that. The officer almost seemed bummed that he was called out just for that.

Also actually later that night we heard a lot of yelling, obviously an argument between some couple. A few minutes after the yelling went away, 2 more squad cars come rolling down the street, what an eventful night.

Technically not on the course, but we did have my friends basket out for a bit if pig. After disc golfing yesterday we arrived at my friend's apartment and rested a bit while waiting for the meat to thaw(explained later). We went out to the park near his apartment building with his practice basket for pig and a little grill for some burgers. It was getting dark out but we had the grill going. Suddenly after hearing a cops radio we notice there are 3 squad cars on the street and a fire truck headed down it. The cop walking up to us(from who we heard the radio) asks "is there any reason for there being a fire out here?" one of my friends says "a grill" and points over to the little grill. The cop seemed dumbfounded for a bit then replied "ok, have a good night"(or something like that, I can't remember exactly what he said). After he walked away towards the squad cars we hear him yell "It's just a bunch of guys playing some disc golf and grilling." Made us laugh when we heard that. The officer almost seemed bummed that he was called out just for that.

Also actually later that night we heard a lot of yelling, obviously an argument between some couple. A few minutes after the yelling went away, 2 more squad cars come rolling down the street, what an eventful night.

Madison cops are the bestest!!!! :thmbup:

Jukeshoe: <---Too many stories to tell. :eek:

I have encountered a few on the local courses near me:
- Thong hanging from basket with condom nearby. (Vets - Hole 6)
- Couple in the bushes adding to used Condom supply (Vets 1)
- Hot air balloon landing in middle of fairway. (Shillito 5)
- Lite candles in the woods along the river (some ceremony) (Vets 8)
- Basket wrapped in foil and charcoal added - Asian family didn't quite understand why we insisted they use a different "BBQ Site" (Shillito 6)
- Mattress in the woods with assorted undergarments nearby (Vets 04)
- Noose hanging from a tree with a straw scarecrow nearby. We took it down and moved on.(Riney 4)
- Cross-Dresser emerging from the bushes while we were putting - His skirt was WAYYYYY to short and we had a difficult time blocking the image from our minds and completing the round. (Vets 15)

The craziest thing I've personally seen on a course was a small animal skeleton that had been hand-cuffed to a tree then abandoned. I wish I knew who did it because they deserve the same treatment.

I had taken my family to the beach last year in Panama City, Fl. and found the course from this site.
Anyways, long story short, my 11 year old had thrown his disc into a small cluster of trees on hole #6, going in to find it we found the poor animal's remains instead.

I haven't rated or reviewed this course because I don't care for 9 hole courses enough to worry with it but read some of the reviews, it's kind of a creepy place to be alone. The course design was pretty decent but I'll never play it again. Not worth it to see some screwed up animal abuse remains or crazy men in white stalking you.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=3256&mode=rev

Herbs, lots of socks and boxers, discs left out in the open or in the basket, cell phone, $1, top half of a little smokey grill, dozens of soccer balls (located near soccer field), broken fishing poles, used condoms, shoes and shirts. Half rotted possum. Sunglasses.

I play at park circle in north charleston and found a mexican who could speak english.....thats rare in this community...does that count.

^ LOL that was funny! Because he is Mexican, and he speaks English. And he was at a disc golf course! And he was in America. You are freakin hilarious!

A buddy of mine found a "tabacco" pipe. The next day on the same hole i found a disc that looked like it had been used to clean a "tabacco" pipe.

Found a C-note once, that was cool.
Found a glass piece on my first time out, that was cool.
Have found condoms, panties, sketchy hookup areas/bum camps multiple times. Not so cool.
Found four mostly naked bums doing something together, but didn't want to look closer. One of the women, who sounded like one of Marge's sisters from the Simpsons assured us "Don't worry, we're just givin' massages." Also not so cool.

You didn't ask if you could get a massage too? :doh:

Walking up to a pin at Kensington Metropark I noticed a small tin cough drop box sitting on top of the basket. Opening the box revealed several small nuggets of high grade pot and a "bat" device for smoking it!

There was a body found off hole number seven at Grand Woods Park in Lansing Michigan back in the late 90's. Some crazy person fell in the river from the looney bin up river and washed ashore there. We were playing there a day before the report came out and remember smelling something just god awful near that hole but thought it was just a dead fish or animal.