• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

Don't know where this rates, but a few years ago in Sun. H-cap at Wickham Park in Melbourne Fla. my card approached t-pad for hole #10, our third hole for the round. We see a guy with what looks like two plastic bags down the fairway. The area he was in is the main landing area from the pad.We first thought casual player. We were 5 deep on the card so decided let him throw and move on. Well he keeps going over to the bags and grabbing things out of them and setting them on the ground,none of them discs, so we realize he is not golfing and we holler down that we are going to be throwing. He waits for first to throw, then goes back to the bags and keeps pulling and placing. This happens for each player on the card. We get down the fairway and he is still at it. As we get down to our discs, we see colored eggs all over. He was setting up an Easter egg hunt for kids. We explained what we were doing and directed him to a safer place across the road. He was cool about it and thankful we informed him the kids would be in danger. First, last,and only Easter Egg hunt I have ever played through. No children were hit, since he was just getting started thankfully.

I have played through two easter egg hunts... one at Reed Canal in Daytona before it started and the same weekend at Ronnie Van Zant Memorial in Green Cove Springs while it was going on.

The second was trickier... we explained what was going on to the adults and that we would be throwing right through their hunt in five minutes. Five minutes go by, we step up to the tee... and they let the kids loose.

People just don't give a damn about disc golf courses. And that is why I don't disc golf on most holiday weekends anymore.

I once saw a dog leash on a hole at a tournament that I played recently. I said, "Someone's missinga dog leash." Then another guy on the card was real quick to say, "Someone's missing a dog!"

It was funny when it happened.

Rocklin DGC Northern CA My Buddie and I were coming down the fairway for our second shot and we saw this owl sitting in this tree only 10' off the ground. We approached slowly to get a closer look and got about 20' away when he finally took off. The owl was huge, He was at least 18 inches tall perched on the log and had a huge wing span. So the owl is struggling to get airborne and is about 75' away and this eagle came out of nowhere and tagged it. They did somersaults in the air all the way to the ground. The eagle pulled out of it while the owl crashed to the ground screeching and going around in circles. It happened so fast me and my bud just stood there and said, Did that just happen, It was like something out of National Geographic. We called every bird rescue we could find. Dont know if someone came out and helped it. It wasnt there the next day.

OwlRocklin002.jpg

Last edited:
Once I saw a hawk sitting on a wire with a snake he had apparently killed strung over the wire right next to him. Next thing you know a second hawk pops up and steals the snake from the first one.
Needless to say but the fight was on. It was a dang good show.

I WITNESSED A POLICE CHASE THAT RAN THROUGH THE PARK, as a few escapees in a large SUV hopped the curb of S Harris Dr (directly in front of me doing pre-round stretches), and blazed across the entire park, aimed for the children's park in the corner, exiting onto E Hilton Ave. I was not the only witness to this, either. They obviously knew the park well enough to slalom all the obstacles @ 40-50mph.

It was insane! I did not know it was a chase until about a minute or so after the hooligans came through, a squad car came creeping by. At first I just thought the SUV was some ******* cutting through the park!

Rocklin DGC Northern CA My Buddie and I were coming down the fairway for our second shot and we saw this owl sitting in this tree only 10' off the ground. We approached slowly to get a closer look and got about 20' away when he finally took off. The owl was huge, He was at least 18 inches tall perched on the log and had a huge wing span. So the owl is struggling to get airborne and is about 75' away and this eagle came out of nowhere and tagged it. They did somersaults in the air all the way to the ground. The eagle pulled out of it while the owl crashed to the ground screeching and going around in circles. It happened so fast me and my bud just stood there and said, Did that just happen, It was like something out of National Geographic. We called every bird rescue we could find. Dont know if someone came out and helped it. It wasnt there the next day.

OwlRocklin002.jpg

:popcorn: doesn't get any cooler than this :thmbup:

not funny or cool, kinda lame actually. have more than this but feel like venting it. Got ROBBED on a one foot putt today, in the chains and a 25+mph wind gust took it right outta the chains!!!

The cop story reminded me of when a cop, I believe in a newer charger squad car just seemed to decide to take a stroll in it through a park near my friend's old apartment. There was a paved path which just barely fit it, but we found it rather odd still that they just went up on it and drove through...we also contemplated(out loud) on if we were to hit the car with our drives. We were out with my buddy's portable pin playing to trees and back. Which also reminds me that park actually could be turned into a decent course, we made up some pretty fun holes on it though they did consist of the same area used over multiple times.

not funny or cool, kinda lame actually. have more than this but feel like venting it. Got ROBBED on a one foot putt today, in the chains and a 25+mph wind gust took it right outta the chains!!!

you got mugged while missing a one foot putt in the wind??? man youd expect that in the subway at night or a sketchy neighborhood, but at the basket, midputt? man, dicks these days. at least you got your putt off.

there was this one time a cop drove by on the outer road to the park which happened to be behind the basket i was throwing at, maybe 350', and i told my buddy i was going for the cruiser. no sh*t i nailed the mf'r right in the front wheel well, BANG!! i nearly sh*t myself. that dude didnt know what to do. he slowed to a stop, sat for a minute, and took off all quick and pissed off. made my day, like hittin range balls at the cart, but this time there was a copper sittin clown seat..

there was this one time a cop drove by on the outer road to the park which happened to be behind the basket i was throwing at, maybe 350', and i told my buddy i was going for the cruiser. no sh*t i nailed the mf'r right in the front wheel well, BANG!! i nearly sh*t myself. that dude didnt know what to do. he slowed to a stop, sat for a minute, and took off all quick and pissed off. made my day, like hittin range balls at the cart, but this time there was a copper sittin clown seat..

thats awesome

Yes, this RULES. do you see cops driving around through golf ball courses, nooooooo (at least i image not) that sir would be a super ace and counted as a 0 on your card!

"Dude. Is that a baby in the basket?"

A couple, one funny, one strange.

Funny:

At a tourney last weekend, someone on my card threw in a reedy, marshy creek. It was not OB, and after some ribbing, he took off his shoes and agreed to play from his lie. It ended up being knee deep nasty, black mud, which he was already unhappy about.

Well it turns out, a Red Winged Blackbird must've had it's nest nearby. As he's lining up his shot the bird starts attacking him, makin' all kinds of noise and pecking his hair while fluttering all around him. We're all trying to be quiet, but laughing our asses off at the poor kid.

Strange:

We approached the tee box for 12 at Basil, a downhill short ace-run hole. There's a guy with eight kids swimming in the river directly behind the basket. All of their clothes were hanging from the basket, and swaddled in blankets, tucked in the basket itself was a baby.

"Dude. Is that a baby in the basket?" Was all my buddy could say.

I walked down and explained that we were playing frisbee golf, which was just like golf and he was in a bad spot.

"What you mean, golf? How you play that?":doh:

I explained briefly and walked back to the tee while he removed the baby. I threw my shot while they stood aside, and it ended up touching the post and they all clapped. My buddy threw and we headed down the hill, only to be greeted by the gaggle of children handing us our discs back.

"How many points was that throw?" The guy asks, grinning.

"Well, it would've been a 2."

:gross:

Plus, how do you think they might view you? To them, you look like some idiot throwing a piece of plastic, and then , walking after it. And then, throwing it again. How do you think that looks to others?
Why don't you just enjoy your sport and let them enjoy theirs. That is what makes the world go around. We all like different things.
Before you start judging others, maybe you should look in the mirror and worry about yourself first. Damn!

First of all, go get 'em MB.

This last part reminded me of something that happened at the course. I was playing a round by myself, teeing off, and somebody who obviously had no idea what disc golf was or what I was doing looked at me really funny and said "you out here throwing frisbees by yourself? Dont you got any friends?"

I thought it was funny.

This last part reminded me of something that happened at the course. I was playing a round by myself, teeing off, and somebody who obviously had no idea what disc golf was or what I was doing looked at me really funny and said "you out here throwing frisbees by yourself? Dont you got any friends?"

I thought it was funny.

Now that is pretty funny

I thought it was funny.

You should have told them you and your buddy were tossing it back and forth :D.

(For you slower folks I'm referring to an invisible friend :hfive:)

A couple, one funny, one strange.

Funny:

At a tourney last weekend, someone on my card threw in a reedy, marshy creek. It was not OB, and after some ribbing, he took off his shoes and agreed to play from his lie. It ended up being knee deep nasty, black mud, which he was already unhappy about.

Well it turns out, a Red Winged Blackbird must've had it's nest nearby. As he's lining up his shot the bird starts attacking him, makin' all kinds of noise and pecking his hair while fluttering all around him. We're all trying to be quiet, but laughing our asses off at the poor kid.

Strange:

We approached the tee box for 12 at Basil, a downhill short ace-run hole. There's a guy with eight kids swimming in the river directly behind the basket. All of their clothes were hanging from the basket, and swaddled in blankets, tucked in the basket itself was a baby.

"Dude. Is that a baby in the basket?" Was all my buddy could say.

I walked down and explained that we were playing frisbee golf, which was just like golf and he was in a bad spot.

"What you mean, golf? How you play that?":doh:

I explained briefly and walked back to the tee while he removed the baby. I threw my shot while they stood aside, and it ended up touching the post and they all clapped. My buddy threw and we headed down the hill, only to be greeted by the gaggle of children handing us our discs back.

"How many points was that throw?" The guy asks, grinning.

"Well, it would've been a 2."

:gross:

LMAO at the first one and damn, I would be kinda mad at the second one. :p

I fear some fool won't realize that he needs to slow down if I'm near a turn and about to make it(using my turn signal) because he thinks he can just pass me or some bs just because I'm on the shoulder of the road being nice to them.

That's why you need to yield to all of them. The right of way only matters after they hit you and the cops are there and you're in the ambulance. I was in an accident where a bicyclist literally hit my car. She was foreign, didn't know the rules of the road, and didn't think to signal before she made a left hand turn from the shoulder while I was going about 35 mph right next to her...

It was bad. I thought she was dead after she rolled over the roof of my car and bounced off the pavement three times. Fortunately there were a lot of witnesses that saw her hit me, but as a cyclist, it's your responsibility, as well as other drivers, to make sure you're aware of what's going on around you.

Latest posts