• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

Wierd, no - funny, yes.

Playing with the chain gang, finishing up a round, hole #18 at La Mirada (back course) yesterday when we notice a family-type group, kids included, also playing to #18 from some other tee. Apparently all n00bs, nobody knows the course, "Hey, there's a basket - let's shoot for that one!"

So we're yelling at these people and they just don't get it. They're throwing their approaches now and we're yelling at them and all of a sudden, this 6-year-old girl picks up her disc and just SLAMS the chains from about 40 feet out!

O-kay then! WTG and ^5 and yay team! Go, kid - we'll see you in the 8-and-under girls division at Worlds, right??? :D

Took this pic a couple of years ago at Weatherford Disc Golf Park

15582845.jpg

In the fall you always have to watch out for people picking pecans on 18

In the summer at Tyler you have to be very careful on hole 12 (the new course set up) down by Pin position C2. The are some pretty mean hawks that have their nest down their in the back trees. In 2008 I was throwing to the C2 position and my disc ended up just before the fairway splits going to the infamous basket in the trees position (C1). My disc happens to land right by a dead rabbit that obviously the hawks had intended to eat for lunch. I didn't see the rabbit at first but after the first hawk jumped off a top branch, did a fly by and nearly took my head off while making this horrible screeching noise did I notice the dead rabbit by my disc. I got "buzzed" by three different hawks all in different trees for at least 10 minutes straight. I couldn/t even go near my disc or one of the hawks would come flying down off a branch staright at me. Now mind you these weren't little hawks. Two of the hawks looked like they could snatch up a small child if they wanted too. After trying for 20 minutes to get my disc I just walked away and played the next three holes. After finishing what is now hole 15 (used to be hole 17), I snuck back in through the woods to hole 12 and snagged my disc before the hawks could figure out where I came from.

That's why you need to yield to all of them. The right of way only matters after they hit you and the cops are there and you're in the ambulance. I was in an accident where a bicyclist literally hit my car. She was foreign, didn't know the rules of the road, and didn't think to signal before she made a left hand turn from the shoulder while I was going about 35 mph right next to her...

It was bad. I thought she was dead after she rolled over the roof of my car and bounced off the pavement three times. Fortunately there were a lot of witnesses that saw her hit me, but as a cyclist, it's your responsibility, as well as other drivers, to make sure you're aware of what's going on around you.

Well lucky for me I live in an area where biking is rather popular, but I still live out in the country so bikes aren't as common as in the city of Madison. Also I do check over my shoulder when making turns to make sure something like that doesn't happen. That doesn't mean I can't be afraid though, just like my friend who doesn't like roundabouts as he lives next to them and sees a lot of dumb stuff. Either way I consider it more the responsibility of the person in the car than the person on the bike just like with motorcycles, as they have more to lose with less protection. Though that doesn't mean I'd be on the bicyclist/motorcyclist's side if they did something to put themselves into harm like move in front of a car without signaling.

Today during my second round I came up to the strangest group of 3 disc golfers I've ever seen!

There were 3 elderly (at least 70 probably 80 years old!) persons in the process of teeing off on hole 4. They each had 2 discs or so and had thrown about 40 feet when I walked up smiling. They told me I should go ahead because it was their first time ever playing!

They were all amazed that I could throw it to the basket (hole was under 200 feet lol) and asked me how I got "that good." I told them I have been playing for several years and that it's always nice to see new players out on the course! As I strolled off I couldn't help but grin as I told them to enjoy themselves...

400_F_11445962_SovQGtBWRTVFRACIuQ2sjm4eu1fu3GiM.jpg

Finally I get to post here!

big, lacey, teal panties by the #5 basket at Shepherd Community Center DGC in Chattanooga.

Me and a couple of buddies were playing at lake hastings dg course on the back nine, when we were about to tee off on whole #13 all of a sudden 3 cop cars take off across the fairway right in front of us and arrest some hobo who had been known to be living in the trees to the right of the fairway. needless to say we skipped that hole!

Kinda strange...
I was about to tee off for the next hole when a proffesional photographer was taking posed pictures of a disc golfer holding the disc along with a few action shots of him putting. After yelling and waving to them they just waved us to throw (or I thought) so I went ahead and threw and noticed they were still taking pictures. I think after the camerman dodged my drive they got picture.

Kinda strange...
I was about to tee off for the next hole when a proffesional photographer was taking posed pictures of a disc golfer holding the disc along with a few action shots of him putting. After yelling and waving to them they just waved us to throw (or I thought) so I went ahead and threw and noticed they were still taking pictures. I think after the camerman dodged my drive they got picture.

6 or 7 of my friends were playing one day when a photographer from the big city newspaper asked to get a shot of them. They ended up having a pretty big picture in the paper. The funny part of it was you could tell how absolutely ripped everyone of them was.

6 or 7 of my friends were playing one day when a photographer from the big city newspaper asked to get a shot of them. They ended up having a pretty big picture in the paper. The funny part of it was you could tell how absolutely ripped everyone of them was.

Well, you couldn't see how ripped I was.....but I made the front page of the paper last summer. I was playing with 3 other guys (much better than me) but I was the only guy from in town, so the photographer put my pic on the front page. No story, just a big pic w/ caption!

It's more of a thing I just find odd. There's an older man who I've seen playing our home course a lot. I just find it odd that he wears almost knee high socks, especially on the more hot and humid days(today was beautiful). Actually now that I think about it I think it was him and/or someone in his group who said this while we waited for the others in front of us to finish. (as best as I can remember)"Oh a girl in a dress." "they're looking for a disc." "Don't worry, they don't need to be back to the commune until 10." This was all in reference to their hippie dress style, as a man in their group had dread locks which I think one of them commented on. That last part of the quotes is the only part I remember for sure, the rest I'm not sure on, but I believe the last one was in reference to them looking for a disc(taking their time or something to that extent). Oh and while me and my buddy had walked up the man with the dreads had hid "something" he was holding up to his mouth with 2 hands quickly in his pocket ;).

Last edited: