• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Game Changer

medger

Bogey Member
So recently my game has been slumping as I haven't been able to play as much as I'd like. My scores are okay but my overall play has been noticeably poor(Most recently I lost 3 discs in the pond in one round when I usually never lose any). Today I decided to do I something about it. Where I work I can choose my breaks however I want to take them. I took my 2 15 minute breaks back to back and ate my lunch and relaxed a little. Then for my 45 minute lunch and brought my practice basket down to this little park right down the road and set up a mini course. The woods are perfect for a pitch and putt. Enough trees for obstacles but no bushes or shrubbery. I am going to continue doing this every day as the days are getting shorter and eventually I won't be able to play after work.

I was just wodering if anyone else has done/does something like this on their breaks?

I haven't had a break since I picked this game up. If I did I would definitely do something like that.

I feel your pain. I'm a trucker so unless I get lucky and can hit a course out on the road I only get 1 maybe 2 rounds a week in. And if I don't get home it can be weeks with no play. Really plays hell with my game. I just bought a skillshot to throw in the truck so I can at least get some putting practice in and maybe work on my approach game if I'm near a big enough field.

I usually work thru my break periods :|, and during my lunch (if I take the full hour), I spend it on here...:p

We have installed a course at the school where I work. I play a quick nine every day during my lunch hour. It has greatly increased my total play time and helped improve my game. I would definitely suggest trying to continue with the lunch routine.

I usually work thru my break periods :|, and during my lunch (if I take the full hour), I spend it on here...:p

That sounds like what I do on my break periods, too! Luckily the laundry in the building I'm renting takes FOREVER so I have lots of time to do putting practice outside the laundry room while my clothes get all clean.

Well I don't do any playing on my breaks,but there is one thing that helps me stay on top of things.

When I play a round with my regular bag I'll play my next round using nothing but my Discraft Comets.I've found that using just my Comets on my drives helps keep my realeases nice,clean and smooth.

Go out and get you a few if you don't already have any and reap the benefits.You'll be glad you did.

mmmm great advice there star. may have to take your advice and run with it! sorry for the derail what comets do you prefer mr firebird?

mmmm great advice there star. may have to take your advice and run with it! sorry for the derail what comets do you prefer mr firebird?

You know, I enjoy using both Elite X and Z plastics.

On drives where there is a risk of hitting a tree I use the Z plastic for durability and on more open shots I'll use the Elite X without having to worry about warping the plastic.

To be honest they both fly the same for me.

Try it out man.When these things are thrown correctly they can fly forever.You get a good feeling when you know your form is clean.

I feel your pain. I'm a trucker so unless I get lucky and can hit a course out on the road I only get 1 maybe 2 rounds a week in. And if I don't get home it can be weeks with no play. Really plays hell with my game. I just bought a skillshot to throw in the truck so I can at least get some putting practice in and maybe work on my approach game if I'm near a big enough field.

Ha, that's awesome. I can picture doing some putting practice in a trailer. :D

Instead of going and setting up a mini course, why not just work on your putts for the 45 minutes? That's whats taken the most throws off of my game. I may never be able to drive farther than 450, but I can make a putt within the circle 90% of the time.

Instead of going and setting up a mini course, why not just work on your putts for the 45 minutes? That's whats taken the most throws off of my game. I may never be able to drive farther than 450, but I can make a putt within the circle 90% of the time.

I do work on my putts also, but I don't have the concentration to putt 45 mins at a time so I break it up with some practice holes.

In response to StarFirebird, I do the same type of thing with my Buzzz. I find practicing with the Buzzz helps smooth out my form and helps when I get the drivers back out.

Also, after I lost 3 of my favorite discs, I got back to the basics because my bag slimmed down and I have less choices. It's making me think about my technique more than trying to crank one to the pin.

My office is smack dab in the middle of a gigantic industrial park. I have a huge field I can throw drives in and set up my practice basket to putt if I want.

My only breaks as a teacher are planning periods. And trust me, as a first year teacher, you need every single moment. haha

Well I don't do any playing on my breaks,but there is one thing that helps me stay on top of things.

When I play a round with my regular bag I'll play my next round using nothing but my Discraft Comets.I've found that using just my Comets on my drives helps keep my realeases nice,clean and smooth.

Go out and get you a few if you don't already have any and reap the benefits.You'll be glad you did.

That is good advice

I found this video sums up my practice routine pretty well.

I got a tiny apartment with a low ceiling. So, I set up a couple mattresses against a wall and drew a big basket on one of 'em.

If I'm on 3rd shift at the plant and there aren't any narcs with me, I'll set up my collapsible basket inside and practice putting. Every little bit helps.

Latest posts