• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gateway DG Bags

rj29274

Double Eagle Member
What is your favorite Gateway bag? I have the choice of whatever bag(s) I'd like as part of the TD package. What do you like and why? I want to add these to the raffle or am payout.

Thanks

The standard backpack is pretty popular and the middle of the road (price wise).
The Ozark backpack is the biggest tournament bag.
The mini backpack is good for casual rounds or people that carry fewer discs

^The mini is a great backpack that can hold 14-20 discs comfortably and the necessary non-disc items. I own one and would recommend it for everyday use. The standard appears to be similar to the mini, but with a bit more storage for non-disc items....don't like the appearance of the dead space above the disc storage on this one for some reason.

^The mini is a great backpack that can hold 14-20 discs comfortably and the necessary non-disc items. I own one and would recommend it for everyday use. The standard appears to be similar to the mini, but with a bit more storage for non-disc items....don't like the appearance of the dead space above the disc storage on this one for some reason.

Any chance you could post some pix? Never find anything good showing disc storage plus what else you can fit in that bag.

Ozark backpack so far. 12 drivers,4 midrange and 2 putters in main compartment. +2 putters putterpocket. This thing feels very light on the back fully loaded. No big complaints so far. Maybe some smaller pockets in the side pockets for keys and phone and other stuff..

i absolutely love my ozark..its the comfortability of a backpack with ease of access of a tourny style bag..discs are way easier to get out of the bag over other back pack bags..and there are 4 cupholders..i stuff towels in the 2 zippered cup holders

I see Gateway has their Black Friday sales up. $100 for an Ozark with 4 discs and $90 for a Standard with 4 discs. Should I spend the extra for the Ozark, go with the Standard, or save my shekels for something else? I normally carry around 14 discs, including putters. I am going to try to leave some not so subtle hits with the family.

I really want the Mini Backpack and 4 putters for $80, but really shouldn't spend the money right now. Someone did answer a question on FB about how many it holds tho.

"I get 16 stacked in the main plus one in the inside pocket. You can also use the front pocket for 2-3 putters if needed......so up to 20 total, but I'll typically carry 14-16"

Then again, I'm debating doing the Elite Jartop Embark Backpack DIY that has a thread here and saving money. *sigh* Damn being responsible!! :)

I am also intrigued by their cyber Monday week long deal. Anyone know how the weekend bag compares to say a Fade crunch bag? Is the money worth it for the mini back pack?

I have owned almost every Gateway bag they offer. The Tour bag is a beast and is one of the best non-backpack bags on the market.

The Ozark is a modified Tour bag and is quite large on the back. The regular Backpack is great and my favorite GDS bag. I carried 19 disc's in it and had no issues. I wasn't a huge fan of the mini backpack. I would spend a little extra and get either the Ozark or the Backpack.

$90 for the standard backpack plus 4 disc's is a steal.

I have owned almost every Gateway bag they offer. The Tour bag is a beast and is one of the best non-backpack bags on the market.

The Ozark is a modified Tour bag and is quite large on the back. The regular Backpack is great and my favorite GDS bag. I carried 19 disc's in it and had no issues. I wasn't a huge fan of the mini backpack. I would spend a little extra and get either the Ozark or the Backpack.

$90 for the standard backpack plus 4 disc's is a steal.

Sounds pretty cool, any opinion on the weekend bag for a nice casual person? I am some what intrigued by the back pack still

Ordered a Gateway mini-backpack today. I am going to post a very thorough review with pics after I get it since I can find basically nothing about it but do love and trust Gateway.

Waiting for reviews and videos of Gateway bags. I just got my Voodoo Karma in the mail yesterday, need to edit the 2 videos I shot into one.

I've got some pics of the Mini Backpack on my phone, but this old man don't know how to upload to this site.........*shakes fist at sky

Waiting for reviews and videos of Gateway bags. I just got my Voodoo Karma in the mail yesterday, need to edit the 2 videos I shot into one.

I'll be putting one up later today or tomorrow. I got my mini backpack a few days ago and I have to say it's everything I wanted it to be. Other than testing it's durability, I can already say it is a damn good purchase.