• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] gateway discs?

innovachamp09

what gateway discs compare to a destroyer?

What gateway discs compare to an eagle?

What gateway discs compare to a roc?

What gateway discs compare to a dx aviar?

I'm wondering because i throw all innova but i heard that gateway is for experienced power players so i want to give it a try

I'm pretty inexperienced but I would use this to see what's similar: Marshall Street Flight Guide, there are some others at Gottagogottathrow.com and primediscs.com but I find this one the easiest to read and interpret.

Those flight charts don't really tell you much. The element is nothing like a Roc and would be "closest" to it. The element has no glide and drops like a brick...I like it, but it is not a roc or a buzzz.

Aviar, try any one of their putters, Wizard most likely in soft would be closest...you probably would never go back.

The sabre would probably compare to the eagle...but the Sabre is a far superior disc. I would argue there is no straighter flying disc out there. Just simply by the speed of the disc, the Diablo is probably the closest thing to a Destroyer...

The Gateway putters are in a league of their own in my opinion...

Yes, the dimples sure do make a difference. They help the disc retain the speed that it is going, and it stays faster for longer. Once you are able to throw those discs at their designed speed the correct way, you'll really notice it.

What gateway discs compare to a destroyer? E Blurr

What gateway discs compare to an eagle? S Blaze

What gateway discs compare to a roc? E Warrior

What gateway discs compare to a dx aviar? Warlock

These are the most comparable disc I think you would find, but no disc is the same and both companies have unique characteristics for each of there models. The blaze will be more overstable then an eagle, but I recomend the S plastic since it will beat up faster. Out of the box it would be more like a hybrid, but those are no longer being made, so its Sabre or Blaze, and a Sabre is more along the lines of straighter teebird. Also, the E Warrior will be more like a champion roc, but has a little more glide. Nice overstable mid.

Alot of Gateway Power Players used Innova for their big bombs

False. Yes, everybody knows Nikko carries destroyers, thats great since he likes them, but remember Garrett Gurthie threw the Illusion to win the 07 distance title, and alot of the current gateway team carries all gateway.

IMO, Gateway doesn't have a disc comparable to the Eagle if you can't count the Hybrid. Sabres and Blazes are too slow to be a good comparison. Gateway actually has a pretty large jump in speed between the Sabre/Blaze and Assassin.

Hybrid's are discontinued.

Yes, but you can still manage to find them. I never use mine though, to much overlap between having a sabre, hybrid and 2 blazes. But that is why they were discontinued though. Still a very good quality disc if you dont have all three, but I prefer blazes into a head wind anyday :p

Get a wizard in Super Soft (SS) or Super Stupid Soft (SSS). I would personally recommend the SSS...if you are used to Aviars, these stick to the chains so much better. Plus, the stable flight is perfect for the wind

Latest posts