• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gateway Park West, Fort Worth TX

Finally! and no tourny til sunday? looks like I might get to get a round in down there. I am bringing long pants though, and no complaints in this weather.

Baskets are in! I saw all 18 of them with my own eyes today!

Is the city responsible for cutting down all the ankle biting briars poison ivy and tall grass?

I think the course could use an army of weed-whackers.

I don't think that the city is responsible for maintaining the fairways. That kind of thing is basically up to the disc golf community and local clubs to take care of.
I'm all for an army bearing weed-wackers and bottles of round-up!

Has anyone been out this weekend and seen the condition of the fairways? Id like to go after its had some TLC. The poison ivy I got 2 weekends ago has finally subsided.

The city will not do any work on the course it is up to us to detail it.
Just a quick invite to all those who would like to see the course groomed a bit. Don Q. did some serious whacking on hole #1, looks beautiful. i went at hole three and it is looking much better, I and Jeff m. fought some briars on hole nine, you can now see the basket from the tee!! If a few more of us would get out there with a weed whacker or hedge trimmers the course would be well on its way. Please do not remove trees, for risk of injury leave that to me, but do weed whack fairways and immediate rough, rake the greens. Even if it is a little at a time. Any questions or suggestions let me know. you can post or call me at 682-478-9231

Last edited:
Great course IOM! We really appreciate all the hard work you and others have put into it's development!

The city will not do any work on the course it is up to us to detail it.
Just a quick invite to all those who would like to see the course groomed a bit. Don Q. did some serious whacking on hole #1, looks beautiful. i went at hole three and it is looking much better, I and Jeff m. fought some briars on hole nine, you can now see the basket from the tee!! If a few more of us would get out there with a weed whacker or hedge trimmers the course would be well on its way. Please do not remove trees, for risk of injury leave that to me, but do weed whack fairways and immediate rough, rake the greens. Even if it is a little at a time. Any questions or suggestions let me know. you can post or call me at 682-478-9231

Indeed, super course!!! I still have scratches all over my shins from thorns one week after playing, but I showed them off today with pride while I was describing the course to some dudes I was playing a round with at Veterans. Can't wait to get back, but damn if it isn't a long way from Denton, well worth it though!:cool:

Detail work tomorrow come volunteer!!

We are renting a chipper for tomorrow to clear the brush piles and fairway debris. Meet at hole 1 around 10am with dirt rakes, loppers and weedeaters.
the course is breaking in nicely so lets help it along.

Hows the course looking lately? I havent been out there for about a month or so. The fairways clear of briars yet?

Some of the fairways are looking a lot better, one is good. 3 has been hacked down lately. 4 and 5 still have tall weeds/grass to contend with-watch your landings!

9 is a lot better.

It's going to be hole by hole for a while, I'm assuming. The rain and heat has really contributed to the growth on the fairways (just like all of the other DFW courses).

Dropped by during lunch. Took some pics via Twitter.

I think it is going to be an awesome course once things are cleared out more but it is really rough at the moment. I wish I could help on the work days but time has not been my friend lately.