• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Chester SC State Park

It's a good course. it has some weird tweener holes and lines but for the most part it's good. I'm not going to drop a review because I rushed through it so fast that it's a blur but I'd say it'd probably get a 3.5 from me.

I was suprised at how good of a condition the course was in for only being 1 day old.

Also I found the 9 hole beginner course. It's way off to the left of the parking lot next to the big field. you can see hole 9 from 17's basket on the big course.

Played here on Friday as I was driving by on the way to visit fam. Really liked it. Like BT43 says, didn't really feel that 'new,' had an in-the-ground-for-a-while feel.

I'll play it a couple more time before I do a full-on review, but it feels like a 4-4.25 for me as is, I didn't get the feeling that there were any throw-away holes there.

Played the course on Saturday, winter solstice, 72 degrees!!!

Amazingly finished course for the amount of time it has been in the ground.

I can throw far and I was throwing a lot of TLs and Leopards on this course if that tells you anything...

I shot a 56 with a couple stupid bogeys (Hole 6, and hole 11). birdied 8 first try... birdied 9 and almost eagled 10, had a perfect drive on 12 for the eagle but was short on my second shot. parked 14 and 15. Gacked a 120 foot approach on 18 or I woulda birdied it. A few TRUE par 5s. I don't imagine I'll birdie 8 again the next 5 times I play it.

I'd rate it an easy 4.5. Will be interested to see what the growth in the summer will bring.

Great pads, beautiful pastoral setting, could use more parking... but I imagine if it helps people play it, it's a given.

worth the drive (32 minutes from my house).

$2 to play, (for park entry). WELL worth it.

Latest posts