• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

gateway plastics and dyeing

1x1wraps

Par Member
i was wondeing if anyone has dyed any gateway discs. i was thinking about getting some mis-stamped super soft wizards and dying them. i am just wondering how the plastic will take the dye, and how easily the gateway stamps will come off. if anyone has any info, i would greatly appreciate it.

i was wondeing if anyone has dyed any gateway discs. i was thinking about getting some mis-stamped super soft wizards and dying them. i am just wondering how the plastic will take the dye, and how easily the gateway stamps will come off. if anyone has any info, i would greatly appreciate it.

im not sure what the plastic is called, i only own 1 gateway disc, but ive got a friend that has a couple of the clear plastic wizards dyed, and his look great...as far as any special techniques go i have no clue...i just know it is possible

I dyed a Medium Wizard in the cheap plastic (can't remember what it's called). I had to let it sit longer than any other disc I've tried, which were all premium plastic (and not Gateway). The dark green came out gray and the black came out dark gray. Those were the only problems I had. (no bleeding or anything and this was a heavily used disc)

Haven't tried any of their premium plastics, but I just bought a HPP Wizard on Ebay with a custom dye. From the picture it looks like it took pretty well, unless it was done at the factory.

Last edited:
Gateway Discs dye wonderfully...

S series won't dye... that includes their soft and supersofts or chalky.

These are some Evolution HPPs that I have dyed, I think they are hands down the BEST plastic for dye.

8_ehpp-gateway-warlock1.jpg

7_ehpp-gateway-warlock1.jpg

6_ehpp-gateway-voodoo1.jpg

2_ehpp-gateway-wizard.jpg

This is the older Evolution plastic, looks very faded in my opinion, but it takes the dye.

5_e-gateway-wizard.jpg

Scroll down the threads abit, someone made a sick dye on a Wizard Superglow.