• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Titan and Bullseye Baskets

but then you cant move it around.

oh and btw, why are baskets so expensive anyways, does it really cost that much to make them?

I thought that at one point too, but considering how long they stay in the elements and manage to still be in great shape, I think the cost is pretty minimal. There are courses in my area from the 80s with their original baskets that see a ton of use, and their Mach 1s are still in decent shape.

That being said, those Titans look awesome. If I ever find a patch of land like I want, they will be my choice for my personal course.

If the portable Titan has the same beefy attachments the permanent Titan have, you can get in shape just moving it around. Those baskets are heavy. Heavy duty heavy. It's a workout switching placements with Titans. For permanent outdoor use they are great, but for a practice basket that's not going to stay outside and I'm going to move around, I'd want something lighter and more nimble. That's just me, though. If I had $400 to blow I'd buy one, mount it dead center of my yard and leave it there.

Does anyone know where you can buy a Bullseye from? I have been searching high and low but can't seem to find one on the internet. Practiced on one at the Beaver State Fling and was really impressed. The sweet spot catches great. After 20 mintues practice putting on the bulls eye the normal sized baskets seemed huge

Does anyone know where you can buy a Bullseye from? I have been searching high and low but can't seem to find one on the internet. Practiced on one at the Beaver State Fling and was really impressed. The sweet spot catches great. After 20 mintues practice putting on the bulls eye the normal sized baskets seemed huge

Buy it direct from Gateway. I heard they have a special on these through their Facebook page. Not sure if they are still running it, but you would get 6 gateway putters of your choice along with the Titan or Bullseye.

Heres the info from facebook:

Gateway Disc Sports
Gateway Facebook SPECIAL OFFER time again!

We have 2 new baskets to offer:
The Bulls Eye training targets are $199.00 ( MSRP = $239.00)

The Titan Pro-24 Portable are $259.00 (msrp = $299.00)

with either offer you get any 6 putters of your choice and a prototype SLayer ( our new long range driver).

Contact the shop to make shipping and payment arrangements.
314 487 5204 or [email protected]

Threeputt, is it more-than-a-one-man-job heavy?
Depends on the man and how far you have to move it.

I think most guys can move one alone, but it's a heavy job. They are noticeably heavier than a DISCatcher or Mach V.

Actually, "their" would be wrong, too. The antecedent for that pronoun, "any disc golfer," is singular, and "their" is a plural pronoun. Sure, people are becoming accepting of "their" as a replacement of "his or her," but that doesn't mean it's correct.
Incorrect. "Their" has been used as a generic plural pronoun since at LEAST the 1400s. The more recent convention is to use "he or she," and grammarians are now trying to get back to the more traditional third person singular generic pronoun. Lewis Carrol and Shakespeare both used "their" as a generic singular, not to mention Oscar Wilde, Jane Austin, and C. S. Lewis.

http://www.crossmyt.com/hc/linghebr/sgtheirl.html

Last edited:
Incorrect. "Their" has been used as a generic plural pronoun since at LEAST the 1400s.
meh -- that should say generic singular pronoun. That'll teach me to proofread when I'm going all English teachery on someone.

3 putt beat me to it. I played the proto's at Ozark Mtn and they are awesome. These will make you a better putter in no time. Makes you hit dead center.

3 putt beat me to it. I played the proto's at Ozark Mtn and they are awesome. These will make you a better putter in no time. Makes you hit dead center.

I also played in the Ozark Mountain Open and saw these on holes 8 and 9 of Akitas Run. To complicate the issue, hole 8 is about a 120 foot hole that plays about 80 feet uphill at about a 60 degree incline. The basket was on a small plateau, if you kicked off and out you could roll all the way back down.

9 played the opposite about 80ft 60 degrees downhill. Throwing a jump-putt straight out would over shoot it by about 100ft.

The bullseye baskets were very fitting on these two unique holes.

I would agree that putting on them regularly would make you a better putter, but I do not think they are worth the market price.

I also played in the Ozark Mountain Open and saw these on holes 8 and 9 of Akitas Run. To complicate the issue, hole 8 is about a 120 foot hole that plays about 80 feet uphill at about a 60 degree incline. The basket was on a small plateau, if you kicked off and out you could roll all the way back down.

9 played the opposite about 80ft 60 degrees downhill. Throwing a jump-putt straight out would over shoot it by about 100ft.

The bullseye baskets were very fitting on these two unique holes.

I would agree that putting on them regularly would make you a better putter, but I do not think they are worth the market price.
I thought those two holes were unique enough without a gimmicky basket, especially #8.

I thought those two holes were unique enough without a gimmicky basket, especially #8.

I agree about the holes being unique enough without the bullseye baskets, I loved those two holes, I had never played anything like them before and haven't since.

Whether the players liked them or not I think it was a smart marketing move on Dave's part. Those two holes are so memorable and the bullseye baskets were part of them.

I'm not really arguing since it's just a difference of opinion, but baskets are more popular than tone poles for a reason. I wasn't a really big fan of the "hang on to this rope for dear life on this treacherous incline as you try to get your disc though this heavily wooded fairway and oh, yea, when you get to the top there is a gimmicky 1/2 basket to putt at on the edge of a plateau" design. I thought that hole was plenty hard enough without the trick basket. There were more appropriate spots on that course for that basket if it was something you really thought the course needed. It didn't bother me as much on # 9.

Seems the new trend (gds & spiderweb) is to use three rows of chains- personally, I don't find it visually attractive. While it isn't the best catcher, there's something to a mach ll- the plate, the way the chains hang with eachother. Heaven would have machs.....jus sayin.

I've never been a fan of "make a smaller target" baskets. I found my skill shot to favor spin putting, and while I think the bullseye would favor my style, its still not my cup of tee.

Applaud the attempt though.

I know this is somewhat off-topic, but I was watching an old Scandinavian Open video and it appeared that the baskets they were using were portable. I've been to local tournaments but never a big professional event, are portables used for pro events?

I know this is somewhat off-topic, but I was watching an old Scandinavian Open video and it appeared that the baskets they were using were portable. I've been to local tournaments but never a big professional event, are portables used for pro events?

If it's a temp course or temp hole, the answer is yes. Many private courses have portable baskets as well.

Latest posts