• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

Fosterjon35

Wizard

Just got myself a SS wizard from my local shop..all i gotta say my first day using this disc i shot my personal best score at mount airy for anyone who has played it..im still new to the game, been playing for about 14 months now..disc felt great in my hand, prolly getting duplicates soon!

Here's what you do:

Find user Johnny Depth
Challenge Johnny and his manbearpig Hoke
Get them to film it
Post it on here
If you are victorious, we can talk about your wizards.

i got a wizard when i first started. But im the kinda player that likes to try a bunch of different discs. So just recently i pulled that old wizard out of the garage and my putting has improved over 100%. best putter i have ever used. I have a stupid super soft wizard

I've got around 20 wizards in varying flavors. By DGCR standards, I only have "a few backups". The wizard is fantastic. I use it for approaches, and the chip in putt if the approach was good. From 10-35', though, my Anodes take over.

If you're going to get backups, but them soon. The plastic blend is ever changing. Buy as many as you can in the exact weight so you have a practice stack of identical putters.

Try a SSSS Wizard they are nice. I have several styles of wizard from a hard SSS to an soft SSS and a medium and all fly the same. Even though the plastic does change they all fly very similar which is nice.

Grungedude42;1948079 If you're going to get backups said:
While i agree with this to an extent...i'll say the wizard has been the most consistent disc across plastics i've dealt with...its flight feels exactly the same no matter what plastic you have...just my 2 pennies

Just got myself a SS wizard from my local shop..all i gotta say my first day using this disc i shot my personal best score at mount airy for anyone who has played it..im still new to the game, been playing for about 14 months now..disc felt great in my hand, prolly getting duplicates soon!

Congrats on finding your putter. It took me four years to find mine. The Wizard was love at first putt for me. My first round with them was at Banklick, and I don't think I missed anything from inside the circle. Be careful. They can be addictive. I got caught up looking for the "perfect" feel.

Yup. I've tried most all putters on the market and Wizards were the one for me. Deep, flat, crazy baseline plastic, great stability and a nice bead. Stick with them, they will reward you!

Wizards are my personal favorite, you just have to stock up when you find some you like.

Warlocks are underrated.

I love my wizards, but I also really like my soft ions.

In my opinion, wizards have so many different runs and variations that it results in the most "customizable" disc on the market. It can be a little frustrating finding a disc with just the right feel, but you never have to doubt the flight. Is solid regardless of the plastic you get!

Get an Eraser Wizard now! I have 19 Wizards and I don't even putt with them unless it's windy, if that tells you anything. I love Wizards so much for short drives and approaches, and have everything from Medium to SS to SSS to RFF and everything in between. Some day I'm sure my Wizards will eventually boot my Magics out for main putting duties, but I have just as many Magics so I'm trying not to.

Yeah, been throwing Wizards now since last October, no one retails Gateway in this area and I had been trying to get the club to switch to getting tourney discs through them to save money, they finally went with them and I started with a SSS, now I use a G9i as the main putter, and have an RFF for when it's wet or cold. Hit more putts in these last 6 months than I have in over 5 years of playing, having tried Aviars, Ions, Magnets, nothing comes close. I do like having a Rhyno or Pig for longer approaches/utility shots/extreme wind putting, but for pure putting, the Wizard is king.

Yup. I've tried most all putters on the market and Wizards were the one for me. Deep, flat, crazy baseline plastic, great stability and a nice bead. Stick with them, they will reward you!

Hey Bardu, how do those two eraser wizards I paid for 2 months ago throw? They still working good for you? :|

Wiz for the win. The only putter I putt with, and in all conditions. Its a gamer for sure.

In the last year I've gone from Wizards, to Ions, and now back to Wizards. I have 3 of the new Erasers that are MONEY. Firm and tacky. Don't spit out as much as the ions and are much easier to grip in wet conditions. Can't go wrong with a Wiz!

Just bought a soft wizard and classic judge. The two are extremely similar in feel and flight in particular the plastic feels identical. The judge feels like the rim is a hair thicker, has a slightly deeper bevel (like a focus), a slightly wider and more durable bead, and -maybe- a hair lower profile. But it does not appear lower profile when placed next to each other on a table. I like my beat d challengers a whole lot but the flight plates always sag drastically in time and they half-melt in very hot temperatures. The wizard and judge both work fine for driving and ups so far, not particularly impressive or unimpressive. They both have a very strong predictable fade at the end but still have typical headwind problems when thrown at higher speeds. At the moment they are distinctly more overstable than my fairly beat up challengers when putting but they putt very well and both have stiff grippy plastic which does not appear as if it will have sinking flight plates or half-melted problems in the future. The almost rock hard stiffness feels fantastic to me. I would like to try an Ion and an SS wizard next, although the SS wizard I have felt have been closer to SSS's I have thrown than my S.

the new glow wizards are really nice. maybe a tad stiffer than the softs. I haven't putted with one long enough to see how it breaks in. I'm a soft wizard putter kinda guy, with a broken in chalky for longer putts and approaches and a g9i for driving.

Latest posts