• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

These are my latest Wizard love affair. 20th anniversary special blends from Clearwater disc golf. They have way more grip then most ss/sss while still being really firm. Plus that stamp is off the chain too

Attachments

• 20150506_003610.jpg
    20150506_003610.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 146
I agree, I like buying directly from Gateway too. Almost all of the blends I have tried are good. I prefer Wizards on the stiffer side. You can't go wrong with Softs, supersofts, organics, glows or erasers. You'll probably wanna try them all and see what you like.

Thanks everybody.

Can anyone give their opinion/description on Eraser, Organic, RFF?

I'd suggest you spend the three bucks to mail Gateway any putter you like and they'll work to find you a similar feel. They're the best.

I can't help you much with RFF although I can tell you it's floppy and some people use it to stick landings and prevent rollaways.

Both organics and erasers are great. Erasers are a blend of plastic just like they sound- like a pencil eraser. They have a rubbery feel to them. You can find them with varying flexibility. To me, they drive and putt equally well.

Organics are made from leftover plastic. You can find them with varying flexibility as well. They have a great velvety feel. I bag these as my putters. There is something I've always loved about organics. I don't drive with mine, others may.

That stamp is so sweet!

I know, I bought a box of these on a FB auction cause they were so sweet.
Its a rare custom design by one of the guys at Gateway.
The most "Gandalfian" I've ever seen.
Hit me up if you want one... $15 plus shipping.

Last edited:
There's also Chalky which is extremely tacky and grippy. I also found one Chalky Organic, perfect blend of Chalky Tacky and velvety Organic... Mmmmmmm

The Squeak Test usually works for me. I find the putter that works best and drag my thumb across the flight plate, noting the resistance, time, and sound of the squeak.

I'd suggest you spend the three bucks to mail Gateway any putter you like and they'll work to find you a similar feel. They're the best.

I want 'better' than what I have now ;) and I assume they got it too. Maybe I will call them and get a selection.

I can't help you much with RFF although I can tell you it's floppy and some people use it to stick landings and prevent rollaways.

Both organics and erasers are great. Erasers are a blend of plastic just like they sound- like a pencil eraser. They have a rubbery feel to them. You can find them with varying flexibility. To me, they drive and putt equally well.

Organics are made from leftover plastic. You can find them with varying flexibility as well. They have a great velvety feel. I bag these as my putters. There is something I've always loved about organics. I don't drive with mine, others may.

There's also Chalky which is extremely tacky and grippy. I also found one Chalky Organic, perfect blend of Chalky Tacky and velvety Organic... Mmmmmmm

The Squeak Test usually works for me. I find the putter that works best and drag my thumb across the flight plate, noting the resistance, time, and sound of the squeak.

Thanks guys. This helps. And starting to sound like these are the ones I would try first. Thanks allot. Who's a good retailer besides gateway direct for all the blends. Phantom has allot as well right?

I would suggest Marshall street. They have good prices and a lot of blends, also list the feel (s, ss, sss...) of the blends like organic and eraser.

Also, the marketplace on here!

marshallstreetdiscgolf.com

If you're playing Russian Roulette ordering Wizards online (yikes!), Ive had best luck with MST. Their weights are accurate and rate each disc S,SS, etc... Gotten Gateway rated S, MST SSS was more accurate.

Grip and feel is kind of hard to relay online, but the Wizard Warehouse Marketplace Thread is a good place to start!

For what it's worth, the green organics are my favorite putting wizards, but they break in pretty fast if you are driving with them.

Marshall Street is the best. But Phantom is the only other site I buy my Wizards from. They have some really sick stamps, love my Party Time and Flag stamped RFF Wizards! Straight puttah buttah. :thmbup:

For what it's worth, the green organics are my favorite putting wizards, but they break in pretty fast if you are driving with them.
I'll add one if those to the list, I rememebe really liking my organic voodoo, but don't rememebr exactly why?
Marshall Street is the best. But Phantom is the only other site I buy my Wizards from. They have some really sick stamps, love my Party Time and Flag stamped RFF Wizards! Straight puttah buttah. :thmbup:
Haha, puttah buttah!

I've been using SSS White Wizards for a couple years now. They're near and dear to my heart. My putting is best when those are in the bag. Next in line is the proton ion and KC Aviar. As much love as I have for the wizard, I keep finding myself trying other putters. Like Im never satisfied with whats working and I'm always convinced theres something I havent tried that will replace my wizard. But every time I do that, I keep coming back home to the wizard