• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

Hey Wizard experts.. are these shavings normal on the side? I've got another Wizard and Warlock X-out and didn't see anything of the like in either. The white one also has a couple black specs in it. It is also marked MAG (magic?) on the back. I bought these from an online retailer and not as X outs.. did I get one pulled on me?

Attachments

• IMG_20160416_121017012.jpg
    IMG_20160416_121017012.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 120
My wizards, and Chainsaws have some flashing around the sides occasionally. I just take some very light grit sandpaper or a hobby knife and trim them up if it bothers me.

Hey Wizard experts.. are these shavings normal on the side? I've got another Wizard and Warlock X-out and didn't see anything of the like in either. The white one also has a couple black specs in it. It is also marked MAG (magic?) on the back. I bought these from an online retailer and not as X outs.. did I get one pulled on me?

Gateway (and the other brands molded by them) often have a bit of extra flashing around the wing and the "nipple." I always have to trim the release point in the center/bottom of the flight plate with Gateway molded discs. It's kind of annoying, but doesn't effect the flight.

Those aren't x-outs. Gateway is literally probably the only company that still trims the flashing by hand. You'll see some variation on their disc trimming since it depends on the skill of the person doing the trimming by hand (and possibly also the plastic blend).

To better illustrate... here's exactly what happens in a video:

https://youtu.be/hqrpgWB6sh0?t=47s

The run of Sriracha Wizards were marketed as Fossil but when I got mine it was PwP. I couldn't be happier though, it reminds me of the earlier 'dinner plate' fossil runs, with just a tiiiiiny bit more flex.

Just noticed that Marshall has a bunch of G9i's in stock. Wondering if this is a new run or what the deal is. I haven't heard about these for a while. Anyone know if these are still super firm or if this is a gentler milder G9i?

I realize there is like zero chance of being called on using too stiff a wizard, but it would be nice to know if these were tweaked to meet standards at all.

The run of Sriracha Wizards were marketed as Fossil but when I got mine it was PwP. I couldn't be happier though, it reminds me of the earlier 'dinner plate' fossil runs, with just a tiiiiiny bit more flex.

Are you referring to the test batch of Fossil Wizards that are labeled "TF"? Those are my favorite putting Wizards, but they are tough to track down. If PWP is similar to those older "TF" fossils...well, you may have just made my day...

Just noticed that Marshall has a bunch of G9i's in stock. Wondering if this is a new run or what the deal is. I haven't heard about these for a while. Anyone know if these are still super firm or if this is a gentler milder G9i?

I realize there is like zero chance of being called on using too stiff a wizard, but it would be nice to know if these were tweaked to meet standards at all.

Anyone?

Latest posts