• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

Went through the stacks of Wizards at Infinite today. They had some that just came in marked SB. Really tight shoulders, max weights and baby blue. Really flat too, felt just slightly less stiff than my 1st run Fossil Lizards.

Curious if anyone knows what SB is for. Might be really close to what Fossil Fuel is supposed to be but I haven't had any of that blend from RDG. Outer edge of flight plate had a lot of chalky streaks too.

I have seen of a few of these on the web.
I believe these might be Fossil Fuels that somehow made it out of the shop incognito.

If you liked those, Fossil Fuel is right up your alley. Easily the best Wizards I've had my hands on. They are BOMBERS.

I have seen of a few of these on the web.
I believe these might be Fossil Fuels that somehow made it out of the shop incognito.

If you liked those, Fossil Fuel is right up your alley. Easily the best Wizards I've had my hands on. They are BOMBERS.

Only problem is they aren't stamped LIZARD.

Trying my best to wait it out for some RDG Rocs and I'll get some of the Fossil Fuels same order.

I like the stamp enough I should con you into picking me some putting putters to stamp with the Lizard stamp.

Only problem is they aren't stamped LIZARD.

Trying my best to wait it out for some RDG Rocs and I'll get some of the Fossil Fuels same order.

I like the stamp enough I should con you into picking me some putting putters to stamp with the Lizard stamp.

Hahaha. I have done that before.

So I asked the guys at infinite about them and they said there was an SB Wizard on the order form now.

I have been showing everyone my fossil lizards and everyone agrees the plastic is sweet.

So I asked the guys at infinite about them and they said there was an SB Wizard on the order form now.

I have an SB wizard that is nothing like the fossil mixes tho, so it's hard to say really.

But the SB you described earlier is a dead ringer for my fossil fuels.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: gateway eh?

Last edited:
Yeah sounds exactly like gateway.

Is there such a thing as a fossil fuel wizard at about 168g? I like my putting wizards a little lighter but love the feel of that plastic.

What do you want it to feel like? Grippy? Chalky? Velvety? Slick? Firm or flexy? Gateway covers the gamut. It's best to call them and describe what you want.

Just got my fossil wizards.

My first question: how is it that this is almost identical to the judge. wasn't their some kind of patent infringement on either lat 64 side or gateway?

Well on to the important stuff:

The plastic is really rigid sounds like a drum top being flicked when it lands.

I really love this disc so far. Fossil is really turning out some unique old school versions of the plastic type I like for putting.

My opinions of gateway have been completely altered. Had no idea they were producing such high end products.

gateway has THE best base/midgrade plastic, bar none. nobody else comes close or has even tried IMO.

i almost wish innova would contract them to run molds in their plastic, but then gateway would have no edge on anybody . . .

gateway has THE best base/midgrade plastic, bar none. nobody else comes close or has even tried IMO.

i almost wish innova would contract them to run molds in their plastic, but then gateway would have no edge on anybody . . .

Agreed. A Rancho Roc, big bead aviar, Teebird/Eagle molded in Fossil plastic would all be awesome. Heck, a medium/soft Warlock is the exact same thing as a McPro Aviar.

Hopefully we have a Fossil mid by the end of the year.

Picture this...

An old school KC Pro Sentinel aka the RDG Gila molded in Fossil plastic ;)

THAT my friends.... is the goal.

Just got my fossil wizards.

My first question: how is it that this is almost identical to the judge. wasn't their some kind of patent infringement on either lat 64 side or gateway?

Well on to the important stuff:

The plastic is really rigid sounds like a drum top being flicked when it lands.

I really love this disc so far. Fossil is really turning out some unique old school versions of the plastic type I like for putting.

My opinions of gateway have been completely altered. Had no idea they were producing such high end products.

Glad to hear you are enjoying our products :clap:

Fossil is my pride and joy "gift" to the DG world lol.

Picture this...

i need to go to the bathroom.

haven't thrown a sentinel but i hear good things. so that must be an even better thing.

Picture this...

But what will I do with my stack of CE San Marino mold Q-Sentinels? And all my Rocs?

But what will I do with my stack of CE San Marino mold Q-Sentinels? And all my Rocs?

Keep them!

One thing that I know with our deal with Gateway is simply I cannot expect to have a consistent run of premium plastic.... and I'm OK with that. I know their strengths and that is running the best premium-baseline in the market.

So your Rocs and Premi-Sentinels will still be useful as your Gila's wear in ;)

Picture this...

Sounds like what I had dreamed. Slightly more OS va a Roc in the best base plastic.

Sign me up