• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

How bout the new hemp wizards and a Grip AX4 in the colorway "Smoke//Grass"

Oh I have always thought that Gateway had some of the worst colors for finding a disc outside of some tie-dye type colors or clear, but also Gateway has some of the best to find colors with that bright pink for the Diamond plastic and the Eraser in pink that also comes a not as nice Eraser in red. The White is nice too for summer play and can be dyed colors with nylon penetrating dyes.

That hemp/1970's cactus green is a color that Gateway has made for years. My dad has an Element-X in that 1970's cactus green color from 2004 or 2005. I forget the replacement disc for the Elemant-X. Also made a number of the hard and firm baseline plastic for discs in the 2000's with a dark red that can get lost in the right areas of the USA, mostly for the Wizard. My dad's unknown baseline plastic stiff Wizard from 2004 is that dark red almost burgundy color, it is one of his two driving putter molds.

Oh I have always thought that Gateway had some of the worst colors for finding a disc outside of some tie-dye type colors or clear, but also Gateway has some of the best to find colors with that bright pink for the Diamond plastic and the Eraser in pink that also comes a not as nice Eraser in red. The White is nice too for summer play and can be dyed colors with nylon penetrating dyes.

That hemp/1970's cactus green is a color that Gateway has made for years. My dad has an Element-X in that 1970's cactus green color from 2004 or 2005. I forget the replacement disc for the Elemant-X. Also made a number of the hard and firm baseline plastic for discs in the 2000's with a dark red that can get lost in the right areas of the USA, mostly for the Wizard. My dad's unknown baseline plastic stiff Wizard from 2004 is that dark red almost burgundy color, it is one of his two driving putter molds.

Replacement for the Element-X was the Karma, that one has since been phased out after they introduced the Prophecy to fit in between the Element and Warrior, now that mold is sold as the AGL discs Magnolia.

Just a quick observation...I just bought my first brand new Wizards from a random dude selling them at my local course. He said they are Hemp blend and the disc is white with obvious grit texture. They feel good and firm :) I also left them in my truck yesterday while at work and when I got back into my truck the cab smelled like burnt toast "bonus info".

They putt amazing and I would like to know if anyone can help educate me on which other blends have similar feel...to these hemp blends that is? I've always stayed clear of these putters in the past because, honestly, I hate the name. But I can easily see why there is a dedicated following behind these putters as Ive tinkered with them a little this year.

Interesting, the only reason I didn't order a 2-pack of the Hemp blend is that Gateway says they are between SS and SSS in flex. My main in-circle putter is a relatively firm SS, but every SSS I've felt has been too flexible.

How flexible is the flight plate?

How flexible is the flight plate?

Lol, Im not a credible judge here. But having handled an SSS before I can positively say they are firmer. I could see SS firm but mine feel somewhat firmer. But Ive not fondled a true Wizard firm before.

Anyone throw the diamond cherry bomb wizards?

I am contemplating picking up a pair from gatewayunderground. I have mostly only thown variations of the suregrip plastic.

I guess how does their stability and glide compare to suregrip?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

The new(er) Eraser Wizard with the mini-stamps are awesome. I like the Eraser Wizards but the most recent run with the standard stamps were a bit stiff. The mini-stamps are a little softer (and shallower, which I like).

I'm waiting until they release glow hemp Wizards before I order a few. They teased on Facebook that they might run some, and now they're selling a hemp glow Prophecy. So it's just a matter of time.

whats the all recycled or non plastic ones that they ran or whatever the new eco friendly ones were called

So... How are they breaking in?

no clue didnt buy one

was just interested in the blend that might be ahead of its time

i saw ppl on fb holding onto theirs with dear life

i think i saw one with like a vanilla bean look to it and i really enjoyed that

Not sure how Hemp is breaking in, but the Hemp Wizard I got from an Ice Bowl is a hella good thrower.

Not sure if this has made this thread yet or not, but...true. :|

picture.php

It's half why I love 'em. Best base on the market plus an overwhelming amount of options.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I recently got one of the Australia fires fund raising hemp wizards and was able to throw it for the first time this weekend. I agree it is an excellent thrower. The thing is a laser beam off the tee for me.

Latest posts