• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

Has anyone thrown one of the Feldberg Wizards? Extra overstable Wizard sounds interesting, I assume more glide than a Scale but similar stability?

The Superglows I picked up last season were surprisingly overstable for Wizards, but they straightened out pretty quickly with some wear. If these are even more overstable, they could be very useful for a cycle.

I haven't picked one up yet but I'm guessing they are like an old G9i. Those were pretty chunky for a Wizard while still being a straight to fade flyer. No Wiz will ever be inherently as OS as a Scale

Can anyone give me some feedback on the feel and stiffness of the nylon wizards?

Can anyone give me some feedback on the feel and stiffness of the nylon wizards?

I had a few that I've since traded. Stiffness varied from soft SS to almost SSSS flex. Rubbery texture but very grippy and very durable. I loved the feel for throwing and putting.

I had a few that I've since traded. Stiffness varied from soft SS to almost SSSS flex. Rubbery texture but very grippy and very durable. I loved the feel for throwing and putting.

Awesome. Thank you.

Picked up a Dave Feldberg Wizard X.
As stiff as the stiffer end of pure white with a little more grip.
Below the parting line looks like any other wizard.
The Wizard X has a flat top but the shoulder is slightly longer so the top is a little taller.
I haven't thrown it yet...

Report back once you've tossed it around! I've heard they're supposed to be pretty OS, curious how it would compare to a Scale

Report back once you've tossed it around! I've heard they're supposed to be pretty OS, curious how it would compare to a Scale

I threw the Feldberg against a new firm glow Wizard that looked very close to the same profile. Throwing 200' between baskets in my yard the Feldberg was fading much harder much earlier.
Sample size of one so I will try not to generalize.
Probably gonna buy a small stack of these in case they disappear...

The parting line looks different, maybe just molding variation.

Attachments

• 20220718_182758.jpg
    20220718_182758.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 45
The glow ones they ran for the Eagles Crossing skins have a decent stability to them, usually putting with softer ones, got one as a fundraiser, they are marked firm, but more SS in firmness, and are really grippy. Nice for how hot and humid it is right now, will probably go back to something softer when it cools down but those were an interesting run.

I got one of the Feldberg Wizard-Xs. It looks pretty sweet with the blue swirls. It's marked F on the back, and looks identical to my other wizards, mold wise. Feels a little softer than my pure whites, but not similar to any other firm or fossil plastic I've ever felt. Haven't thrown it yet so maybe it really is XTRA overstable like the stamp says. Will probably wipe the stamp because it's hideous, and how they managed to stamp it off center eludes me.

Threw a Wizard for the first time today. Found an unmarked premium glow plastic disc with some miles on it. Pretty understable on the one 100' upshot I threw. Started to turn and stayed turning to the ground. Definitely deeper than the Judge.

Don't worry, it's headed to lost and found rn.

I've found I only like the wizards that setup with a low shoulder. Every diamond I've used had a crazy dome to it that made it feel awful in hand.

I hear diamond has been updated since my last one, so maybe that has changed.

I've found I only like the wizards that setup with a low shoulder. Every diamond I've used had a crazy dome to it that made it feel awful in hand.

Gateway ran one run of premium Wizards that felt nice.
They were gummy evolution proline Wizards from about ten years ago...

Ever mess with the Chief? It's just a shallow, flat top Wizard.

Are there still a lot of Wizard throwers out there? I really enjoyed mine but couldn't find a second Wizard that felt nice. Gateway plastic is so inconsistent.

Are there still a lot of Wizard throwers out there? I really enjoyed mine but couldn't find a second Wizard that felt nice. Gateway plastic is so inconsistent.

I had similar issues in the past, that said gateway have grown leaps and bounds in manufacturing consistency lately including new machinery.

I have stacks of good wizards so haven't tried many new ones lately.

What blend was your old faithful?