• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Get In The Hole - Episode Two (Urban Disc Golf)

My friend's backyard is right next to a train track. To date nobody has gotten a disc through an open freight car.

That day will come.

Ever thought of throwing one over a busy highway?

I can't post them in public.

Ok, now this would be wild. You are at a truck stop, and you bouce on off the side of a semi-trailer.

I have thought about throwing over a somewhat busy street, but I'm always worried about a miscue and causing an accident. I don't mind things that could get me in "trouble" with the law, but having a chance to hurt somebody is where i draw the line. But, if you do have other ideas you can't post, you should PM them to me. I'm very interested.

Oh, and do you mean a moving semi or just one at a stand-still?

My friend's backyard is right next to a train track. To date nobody has gotten a disc through an open freight car.

That day will come.

Through a moving one? I'm jealous I'm not around there to give it a shot, would definitely be fun.

Through a moving one? I'm jealous I'm not around there to give it a shot, would definitely be fun.
Yup. Through a moving train. I wonder how many discs have traveled across country failing to hit the gap.

Yup. Through a moving train. I wonder how many discs have traveled across country failing to hit the gap.

hahaa, I feel like just a super-fast anhyzer would be the only way for it work if the train was moving from your left to right, that would give it that extra split second since it would be going the same way.

hahaa, I feel like just a super-fast anhyzer would be the only way for it work if the train was moving from your left to right, that would give it that extra split second since it would be going the same way.

Be sure you set the camera in a safe place inside the disc hits the train and comes back at full speed.

How about bouncing off a rail car into the basket?

By far the funnest DG video I have watched yet...awesome...and yeah fist pumping fool!

I have a few dream shots:

with a van or a hatchback through the open back door/hatch and out the window to a basket....even cooler would from the side doors of a tractor trailer and out the back..some big banana hyzer shot.

any shot over an olympic sized pool would be a pretty treat

tree to tree would be cool...squirell golf put the basket in one tree and dangle from another

skip shot under a closing garage door ala han solo

always wanted to see if anyone could simply roll a disc along a wall...not neccesarily make a shot but just see how far someone could roll a disc on a huge wall

from land throw to a basket at the end of a dock over a lake

By far the funnest DG video I have watched yet...awesome...and yeah fist pumping fool!

I have a few dream shots:

with a van or a hatchback through the open back door/hatch and out the window to a basket....even cooler would from the side doors of a tractor trailer and out the back..some big banana hyzer shot.

any shot over an olympic sized pool would be a pretty treat

tree to tree would be cool...squirell golf put the basket in one tree and dangle from another

skip shot under a closing garage door ala han solo

always wanted to see if anyone could simply roll a disc along a wall...not neccesarily make a shot but just see how far someone could roll a disc on a huge wall

from land throw to a basket at the end of a dock over a lake

That's what I'm talking about! I can definitely use some of these ideas, I'll start working on some of them as soon as possible, but what exactly do you mean by "rolling" a disc along a wall?

That was some great entertainment! I really enjoyed that! You've inspired me to break out my Wham-o mini disc catcher and play! lol

thats such a cool video very entertaining and funny i wonder haow many trys per make????

Just depends on the shot, the river ones I made on my first attempts, as well as a couple of the shorter shots and stair shots. obviously, the one sitting up in the tree took a bunch as you can see a bunch of the discs laying around. usually within 10 if it's a difficult one.

Find a cheerleading practice and ask the cheerleaders to form a row and do handstands and then putt through their legs into a basket.

Do this and you win.

Extra points if they open and close their legs randomly like an Indiana Jones obstacle.

All of them were pretty sweet. I like the shots where you leave the camera and shoot from different areas like the one on the rocks surrounded by water. What kind of camera and editing software are you using?

All of them were pretty sweet. I like the shots where you leave the camera and shoot from different areas like the one on the rocks surrounded by water. What kind of camera and editing software are you using?

I have a pretty cheap setup (which is the way I like it with how often it gets knocked over/hit):

Aiptek HD-1 with a very lightweight tripod. I just use Windows Movie Maker right now for editing. I've used some a couple other programs, but unless I need something special, WMM does the job.

Latest posts