• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Getting back into disc golf, would like form critique

Today's throws. proving to myself i can be loose. I think i was looser, but still actually pretty stiff. The throw at 0:23 seconds was really nice and looks nice too.

I think I understand the purpose of the elephant walk more clearly now as i've made tweaks to my lower body positioning, so I'm going to work on that next time (meant to do that a month ago:wall:). the shifting from foot to foot before the swing helps. it's also basically that lateral movement in the Paige Pierce gif I mentioned.

momentum rotating into the backswing > peak reachback > heel plant/shifting from behind > transfer it to the swing.

same basic stuff i'm always struggling with. had a couple semi-bombs that felt effortless, but not in the filmed part. looking back at previous videos, the throws look a lot more in control compared to the older ones. haven't seen any distance increase, but no decrease either.

thanks for the feedback everyone, and I'm going to keep on working on the stuff from page 6 of this thread.

When you start your backswing your rear foot(and CoG) is still moving back away from target with your arm backswing, so it's not building tension. Rear foot needs to plant into ground before the arm starts the backswing like Kyle below, and also note how his rear foot actually moves forward rather than backward, when the feet move closer together that creates more torque, and the CoG is moving in opposition to the arm swing direction to create tension/pulled taut.

that makes perfect sense because planting the rear before the back motion is mirroring the motion for the front of the swing. the same reason i want to plant front foot simultaneously/right after apex of reachback is same reason i want rear foot planted before i start my backswing, right? so naturally if the timing is correct in the backswing, it sets up the timing for the frontswing to be correct or closer to correct.

I've got time off so i've had the opportunity to keep at it. I feel the timing difference when I shift to my rear leg before the back swing starts, but I need to again loosen up more and really make sure i'm not starting the backshift early, which I think i still am, albeit better than on the 24th. really want to try to exaggerate it.

Still early on the front swing as well (in the rear view, you can see i'm pulling shots to the left!), so keeping that in mind. something that's been helping is keeping my eyes on the disc, going really slowly, and making sure I actually see the disc in the max reachback position, then feel my front foot drop.

I got a beat P-PD hyzerflip out to around 400' with a 5mph tailwind, and an eagle to almost the same spot, maybe 15 feet short. I think getting this timing down in the back is gonna really help.

Latest posts