• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Getting discs custom stamped?

kyledstauffer

Eagle Member
I'm looking to play some disc golf at my bachelor party in a month or two and I'd like to get all the guys a custom stamped disc to commemorate the event! Is there a place that will stamp like 10 discs for me? I think innova will only do 50 plus. I could always go the dyemax route but I'd rather have a stamp. Any ideas?

Gateway might be willing to do a smaller order like that for you. You could also go through Dynamic Discs and get them to put an image on discs of your choice with their dyemax process.

Go the dyemax route. There is a always a setup fee for the custom stamp plate that isn't worth paying for unless you're buying in bulk.

The dyemax prices are very reasonable, imho.

Go the dyemax route. There is a always a setup fee for the custom stamp plate that isn't worth paying for unless you're buying in bulk.

The dyemax prices are very reasonable, imho.

Good info so far! Any idea how much of a plat fee I'd be looking at? Are we talking like 20 bucks or 100 bucks?

i think gateway charges 60 bucks to set up a stamp. i'm not sure if they are still running their 5 for 40 or 10 for 70 deal or not. if you call and tell them it's for a bachelor party they might do a small run of 10 discs. i had them print up some discs for a fundraiser i ran back in october and initially had 120 ran. i placed a few orders after the fact for more and i wanted to think dave said he'd stamp some more up as long as i ordered at least 25.

worse case scenario you could probably sell the leftovers here especially if the stamp was pretty sweet.

Cost
DyeMax discs can be bought in bulk with different designs/patterns but they must be the same disc.
1-2: $25 each
3-5: $23 each
6-10: $19 each
If you need more, give us a call or send us an email.

*Note - These prices do not include shipping or additional art fees.

Get your discs dyed by Northern Disc!

Go to the disc dying forum on this site and talk to Northern Disc Custom Dyes. He barters plastic for dye jobs. Offer him a trade to his work. Pretty sure he can do anything after what he's done for me and and by his pic posts. Contact him, you won't regret it.

Yeah, when I asked Dave about custom stamps he said you have to order at least 25.
If that's true it's probably a decent way to go. We had 50 of them done (the minimum at the time in 2006) and we got a great rate on them and they were pretty accommodating on getting us what we wanted. There were a couple of really minor communication issues but they made sure they all ended up working out in our favor. Even if you don't use them all, having a few extra discs sitting around is never a bad thing.

At the time they also had a deal where if you got enough minis stamped (wedding reception favors?) then they'd stamp as many full sized discs with the mini stamp you wanted at normal retail price. Definitely email the different companies and see what they'll do. It's not always as cut and dry as what they claim on their websites.

Little Flyers at Gotta Go Gotta Throw just did 25 nested minis (25 large, 25 small, 50 total) as wedding favors for us. The have some stock stamps that might be appropriate. For us they did a basket with 2 hearts flying in. On the top was our names and on the bottom was the date. The price was less than $65 shipped. VERY fast turnaround, less than a week. Very easy to work with. Their phone number is 763-593-7690.

It may be more than you wanted, but you'll have a lot of extras for friends and relatives.

No one at our very intimate affair plays but they all loved the minis we gave as gifts.

Its worth a look.

The mini's idea is sweet, I'm getting married in October but I'm not sure how the fiancée family would take the mini's lol

The minis are cheap so if they don't like it you didn't waste a ton of dough. They're unique and send a message right at the outset of where your interests are. And because of their uniqueness, they're very memorable keepsakes. And for those friends and family that play, they're useful too.

Thanks for all the advice so far! Very good suggestions all around...guess I'll have to make some phone calls. I thought I'd post a pic of the stamp I'd like to put on it. I'm no graphic artist, but I think it's ok!

Attachments

• It's a trap disc.jpg
    It's a trap disc.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 60
1. reverse the stamp altogether... it won't stamp with that much solid area (black)

2. i've given little flyer sets as gifts to family who don't play... for the kids i tell them it's a cookie holder. the adults think they're cool little coin containers or whatever.

little flyers or dyes (-max or homegrown) are the way to go. golf-size stamps are costly.... hence why i've gifted minis :)

Honestly, id say just learn and do it yourself, if you dont want absolute perfect quality, RIT dye and contact paper FTW.