• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Getting married...and she says I have too much plastic! Advice?

After seeing all the educated and reasonable responses on here I'd like to amend my comments.

Here's what I really think.

How much does she make?? Cause her looks are going to fade. If she is making the $, then she shouldn't be giving you ****. She can afford it. If she ain't making ****, then tell her to shut the **** up. It is your money. What you bought before marriage is your business. Set some fair rules for post wedding day that can change up and down as your budget changes. And then bitch about her jewelry, health club dues, hair salon fees whatever! Oh, and that makeup stuff cost tons of dough! create an even playing field or the black widow will eat you alive!

Don't do it. Keep the plastic. She knows you disc golf and collect plastic. If you start giving in to these silly requests now, when will it end?

My wife complains about my disc golf stuff. I remind her that she knew about the time and energy I put into the sport when we were dating and when we got married.

Don't sell your plastic.

If you don't establish scene control, you will suffer for as long as the marriage lasts.

You don't "have to" sell your discs. You may do it because you choose to, but don't do it if you don't want to.

Marriage is give and take, but you should establish your limits. You can bet the farm she will.

Also, you need to build a fort and put your discs in it and you need to peek out to see if she's coming

Given the responses so far I'd guess that most DGers on this forum have never been married or are divorced!! Obviously this forum is not the place to get advice on relationships.

If you've got some discs you really don't want - sell them and move on. But if you're going to hold a grudge for the rest of your marriage, maybe you've got you're answer - the discs are more important to you than your future wife!!

But who am I to say - I've only got 30'ish discs and been married 27 years.

Almost 19 years. Happy. Got lots of discs and fishing equipment. Which is fine with her if the bills are paid. Plus I am a drunken d-bag sometimes. Aint love grand? Condition her prior to marriage or you are doomed. If you change your nature, you will be a miserable loser. And might go darkside. Better to live without her than be other than what you are forever. And above all, NEVER, EVER, LOSE YOU SENSE OF HUMOR!

Aw!

Given the responses so far I'd guess that most DGers on this forum have never been married or are divorced!! Obviously this forum is not the place to get advice on relationships.

If you've got some discs you really don't want - sell them and move on. But if you're going to hold a grudge for the rest of your marriage, maybe you've got you're answer - the discs are more important to you than your future wife!!

WIMP!!! :D

I wouldn't sell. When I got married I agreed to get rid of my Playboy collection. It made sense. She asked about my large stash (thousands...) and I told her that those will never go. I sell some, trade some and buy some. I'm not so much a collector as someone that has just aquired a lot of discs over the years.

My wife will ask every now and then about my stash of discs when I get a lot of discs in the mail in a short period of time. I remind her that every cent spent on disc golf come directly from my paypal account which is funded strickley through disc golf.

It also helps that 90% of my discs are either at my parents house in Minnesota, my rental storage unit five miles away or in my storage building behind the house. I have no more than 50 at any given time in the house.

If disc golf is your main hobby, you have to stand firm.

I've only been married for 28 years. We're both happy because we don't control each other, we enjoy each other. We are two different people in love to become one partnership. I don't run a prison or an army. I don't live in them either. Allow her to have her space and keep your space. It's the path to a happy marriage.

When you start controlling her life, or she starts controlling yours, it's no longer a partnership, it's a dictatorship. Living in a dictatorship will result in the revolution of divorce.

I can't believe the number of responses this thread has gotten! I thought it would get like 12 views.
Anyway, I've decided to compromise and sell some of the plastic I'm not that attached to. Thread coming shortly! Lemme know if there's something you're after.

She's more important to me than my plastic...but come this summer, I plan on regaining all my collection and then some.

11 years. In a row. To the same woman. We don't sweat the petty stuff.

Latest posts