• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Getting New Mid-ranges and Putters

Wow.. i cant believe i forgot to go look at joe's flight chart.. I here by apoloigize for any stupid comments i have made in this thread.

And as it stands i strattle putt within like 25-30 and do more of a fade outside of that due to the fact i dont have alot of snap or my putt form down so i have no power on my straddle putt.

So i think im gunna give it some thought overnight and thru tomorrow and what choices i shall make on putters, now that u have reenlightned me i think im gunna get an overstable and a stable and depending on what putt style comes thru in the next month or so ill stick with that putter and trade/sell the other away. Im fairly certain for stable im gunna go with the ion, i love the feel and also it will make a sick dye :D for overstable i got no idea, Dave what do u think i should go with? To me your like the grandmaster o disc golf xD

for overstable i got no idea, Dave what do u think i should go with? To me your like the grandmaster o disc golf xD

Oh boy, don't let the post count fool you, I'm a noob dressed in a disc nerd's clothing. My knowledge comes from many hours of reading Three Putt, Biscoe, and the DGR boys.

I believe the most heralded overstable putters are the Wizard, the Vibram VP (I think, I don't know my Vibram, yet), the Challenger, and a cult following of Rhyno throwers. My vote is a S Wizard (beaded) or the slightly less stable Voodoo (little bead). If you like the feel of the Ion, the Voodoo will be a very small adjustment. I really like Voodoos. I prefer Magics b/c they're really neutral flightwise and I like the feedback (as opposed to missing left and low every time with an overstable) so I can adjust my putts. If you want something with lots of glide I highly recommend the APX/Reef.

Lol well i hope i at least got a snicker outta that :p

Okay, im gunna take ur choice :D do i want to go with a soft s wizard or no? From the top of my head all i can think of that is good about the soft is less chance of bounce outs.. but if im doing a hyzer like putt i dont see that being a problem..

:wall: There's no pro using a Rhyno....maybe as Dave Feldber said as "short trick upshot", but in all honesty, the Rhyno stinks, it's overstable and will roll on you like you wouldn't believe.

AVIAR Putters, get five!!!!

I believe the softness ratings for Gateway putters is more of the tackiness of the material, not necessarily the floppiness. Make sense?

Perfect sense, so instead of thinking about the flop its more like how grippy do u want your disc to be?

Perfect sense, so instead of thinking about the flop its more like how grippy do u want your disc to be?

I believe so, but I've never thrown any gateway putters, it's just something I read somewhere. We need someone experienced with their putters to verify.

Gateway putters are scored according to flex and tackiness. SSS are the most flexible/grippy, SS fairly flexible/grippy, S are usually pretty firm but still a little tacky. I prefer S. Some SS feel like S, some SSS feel a lot more like SS, it's kind of the great/worse part about Gateway putters because you can really get many choices of firmness and grip if you're in the store, if you are ordering online you can't be completely sure what you are getting. On their website they said that the flex runs from 1-10, with the 1s (most firm) and 10s (most soft) get thrown out, so the SSS are 6-9, SS are 4-5, and the S are 2-3 or something like that.

It's hard to beat a good S Wizard.

If you want fairway drivers I'd say (stability order less to more) Leopard, Stalker, and Teebird are all great choices. A couple other really popular molds are the TL and Eagle.

Putters for me are ALL about feel...don't buy one online until you've held it in a store. Feel for me relates to the rim depth/shape, the soft factor, and the tack/grip factor. Putters are too important to guess about.

They are Pro's and make money playing this sport, I am trying to emulate their bag/throwing styles whenever possible. Most top players are throwing Innova. Nathan Doss, Michael Johansen, Nikko and a few others are exceptions.

But, the most consistently successful players on tour have been sponsored by Innova: Ken Climo comes to mind along with Val, Avery, Des, Dave, Barry, et al.

I think you're overly obsessed with Innova. Most top players use Innova because Innova puts the most money into sponsorship. Not that I don't use and respect their products, but any one of those players you mentioned could have won just as many tournaments using a Buzz or Core instead of a Roc.

I would say get a core, but it is similar to a buzz. And if you are fine with your buzz there is no reason to mess it up.

As for putters I would suggest a VP or if you don't want one so overstable a Ridge or a Summit. I love the Vibram discs.

So its been decided for me that im getting a buzz, today playing a round at the local disc golf course Calvary Park, i had borrowed my buddies z buzz for the round and came to hole 6 let da buzz rip... and nothing but CHAINS!!! Got my second ace today. :D So now im gunna have to buy that buzz off of him and i think i might still get a second one.

For putters i believe im gunna go with a S wizard, i got a couple friends who swear by em and i love the feel, and and ion. Another disc that feels great in my hand and gives my some more option of my putts.

Thank ya everyone for ur valuable input on midranges and putters. When i get my new discs and if my game improves with some more practice also i shall be thanking you all again :D

For this new part about the fairway drivers i have a friend who suggested a eagle, i have been thinking t-bird due to my fh primary or maybe a stalker. Anyone got any advice to which way i should go here?

If I was going to flick a fairway driver, I'd use a Banshee, maybe an Eagle-X.

champ cobra is a nice compliment to the buzz.

Latest posts