• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Getting Sharpie off

XxInnovaxX

Double Eagle Member
anyone have a good technique to get sharpie off? Ive got an ace race disc that i marked on just so i would know it was mine, the markings are just a couple hours old and should come off fairly easy. Anyone?

acetone...
i've heard hairspray too,
depends on type of plastic... could be too late though

acetone...
i've heard hairspray too,
depends on type of plastic... could be too late though

yeah i just tryed acetone just a sec ago and it faded it, but its not completely gone...i guess i could just make my dye go over it huh?....will a dye hold over sharpie?

the disc is esp plastic btw

break cleaner? i heard that works, i know it will kill a whole hive of bee's in like 2 seconds, so it must take sharpie off discs.

I use acetone with a soft cotton cloth, but it won't get all of it out if it's seeped into the plastic. Sometimes I'll sand discs down a bit for various reasons; sand deep enough and the sharpie will be gone. It will, of course, ruin the smooth finish of the disc. If you do this uniformly enough, sometimes it makes a neat effect - especially on champion plastics.

I found on google awhile back that you can use toothpaste to remove permanent marker on LCD screens (no clue how it gets there...). I assumed if it was safe enough for LCD's (although I've never tried myself), it would be okay for my plastic. I tried it and it does work fairly well, but if the ink has been on long or "dyed" the plastic, then the shadow of the writing will remain.

Keep in mind toothpaste is mildly abrasive; I just put a small amount on my finger tip and rubbed it gently in a little circular motion over the writing and it came off relatively easy, then rinsed clean with water.

Not sure if the brand matters, but I use Arm & Hammer.

Goodluck if you decide to try this method ;)

yeah...check the post date and you'll realize this one was created first...

he's talking about getting a stamp off anyways....read your threads before trying to make people look stupid

Wow, Maybe YOU should go back and read before jumpin' on someone. He was talking about ink too. So this would be the same thing. He fell upon the Acetone taking off the stamp if YOU go back and read.
All they need to do is a search. This has been covered more than once.

Latest posts