• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Gift for a 6 year old girl..

Huk Finn

* Ace Member *
My friends daughter turns 6 this weekend. I was gonna order her a super light driver. Right now she tosses his 150 Valk better than I expected. She has only played 3 times but is actually giving it a decent rip and threw ok for a 6 yr old newb (30 ft or so)

Anyway, I wanna light disc (i've seen them as low as 110g) to maximize her distance. A glidey mid or a driver. Any suggestions? A link would be ideal, but I can prerube the net too.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
they make som light leopard....145g.....and ultralight disc like birdie, polecat , roc.....that are like 111g-130.....i have some for my kids....

my daughter rips her 132 and 136 dx leopards around 40-45 meters right now and she's 6 ears old. I taught her with superhero frisbees and then dx sharks at 120g and rocs at 125g. light weight leopards an cheetahs are great for kids her age. If you need help finding any let me know.

Look for the edge discs from innova, I think they make 100g polecats that would be awesome for a really young discer.

My friends daughter turns 6 this weekend. I was gonna order her a super light driver. Right now she tosses his 150 Valk better than I expected. She has only played 3 times but is actually giving it a decent rip and threw ok for a 6 yr old newb (30 ft or so)

Anyway, I wanna light disc (i've seen them as low as 110g) to maximize her distance. A glidey mid or a driver. Any suggestions? A link would be ideal, but I can prerube the net too.

Thanks for the help!

Clearwater has 119 rocs. I suggest a diamond, super easy to throw.

I saw a 146g Diamond that would probably be perfect. I think they come even lighter, but those discs are easy to throw straight and far. I wish they had that disc tech when I started playing.

My first thought when I read the subject line was PONY!!!!

But to answer your question, I'd highly recommend the Diamond. My wife uses one and it's a nice disc and she gets a lot more distance out of that over a 150g Leopard.

Herodisc (as mentioned above) sells a lot of nice lightweight discs too (watch out for their transitionals though...my wife got a 150g leopard that was a green/dead grass tan one...unthrowable unless you want to spend 30 minutes each hole searching.)

Latest posts