• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ginormous Mitts

What is that? Is it a bad grip or is there promise with practice? Used in which situations?

if you read section IV of this article it's one of the last grips that they list.

I tried using it at one point, because I have monster paws, but it tears your hands up like nothing I've ever done. I haven't ever heard of it being used in special situations.

Have you tried the stacked fork grip? Works great for me, I have big hands not real sausagie though. On another note the Magic is a great putter for big hands.
Got a Magic SS in trade recently as a matter of fact.

I will look up the stacked fork grip...thanks

and, FWIW, my hand is 9" from the base of my palm, to the tip of my middle finger, and my wedding ring is a size 15. I've gone through a ton of grips, but I'm back to just using the four-finger power grip, and staying there. Just grab the damn thing and throw it. ... lol

Have you tried the stacked fork grip? Works great for me, I have big hands not real sausagie though. On another note the Magic is a great putter for big hands.
Thanks to you and drickanderson, I do use the Stacked Fork grip...I also use the control grip and the Bonapane too...but infrequently. Instead of a OVERHAND thumber, do you feel it is easier on the shoulder to do the underhand grenade thumber?

I have fat hand pads and use the bonopane grip as well. I started with two fingers under and have recently switched to three fingers. A lot of people told me I would only get to 300 ft. of distance with it but I'm now out throwing them. It does take some getting used to but it's worth a shot.
P1010034.jpg

Here are some pics of my grip for a driver and a mid. I guess it must be flexibility cause I have some banana hands and no problem gripping a disc.

Length of hand:
IMG_0492.jpg

Covers a Roc:
IMG_0495.jpg

Driver Grip:
IMG_0494.jpg

Midrange Grip:
IMG_0496.jpg

*points and laughs at all the big handed people*

I can't think of people with big hands without thinking of this sketch:

i always thought the bonopane grip was a joke. good to see i'm wrong and that it works for people.

Have you considered that your problem isn't the size of your fingers being too large but rather fingers are uncomfortable because of the position of your hand?

To properly power grip a disc you have to get your hand more on top than to the side of the disc. Your knuckle should be higher than the parting line. One thing that may help is to spread your thumb out more across the flight plate. Try this: hold the disc out flat while power gripping, if your palm is sideways or pointing slightly upwards then your hand is too far under the disc.

I can't guarantee that this is your problem - but if a pic of your power grip has the same hand position (relative to the disc) as the bonopane grip then it's definitely a factor.

I have giant hands and I use two fingers to drive, I can use 3 or 4 but 2 gets me the best straight D, three is ok and 4 puts too much anny on it.

Attachments

• hand 002.jpg
    hand 002.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Latest posts