• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Giving Advice

Nothing slows down a round quite like players giving each other advice. Players need to be ready to throw when it's their turn. Those who do their homework should be rewarded.

Nothing slows down a round quite like players giving each other advice. Players need to be ready to throw when it's their turn. Those who do their homework should be rewarded.

I can say the bolded part isn't true. Lots of other things slow rounds down. I've never felt my round was slowed by someone giving advice.

Waiting until it is their turn to start making a decision about what disc to use? Slows down the round.

Waiting until it is their turn to see what the wind is doing? Yeah, slows down the round.

Making multiple test throws (not actually releasing the disc)? Yep, round is going to be slow.

In fact, I believe giving advice actually speeds a round up. If a player doesn't know the course, it will take them longer to figure out what line to throw and then what disc to use. The player may have to wander around the throwing area to see where the target is so they know what their line/lie is.

Latest posts