• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] GL or Opto?

If I could only have one forever in all the molds I think I'd take Gold. I like the look and feel alot. It's that simple for me. As far as flight I believe the Opto is more stable. I haven't thrown both plastics in the same mold side by side though.

I prefer both. I had a GL XXX, but really liked it in the Opto better. My Vision is Opto sparkle which I really like. Their Opto plastic has great grip for being a clear plastic in comparison to the other brands.

Mine:
XXX: Opto
Flow:Beautiful Blue Gold Line
Fuse: Gold
Vision: Opto sparkle

Why would you make me choose, this is like deciding which of my children should die, just not a nice game to play.

haha im just wondering because i want to pick up some more lat 64 stuff and i dont know if i should get it in GL or Opto.

Why would you make me choose, this is like deciding which of my children should die, just not a nice game to play.

Both are really good you can't go wrong. I like the Opto better than Champ or Z plastic, and I definately perfer the GL to the ESP, but if you're looking for longest lifetime, go opto.

Id prefer Goldline... I like the way it looks and the way they fly better. More glide and less stable.

BTW: Im loving that GL Flow I got from you a little while back!

I have an OL River & GL Vision. OL is Champ/Z but better grip IMO & seems bulletprrof. GL seems very similar to Star. I agree with Huk that OL seems a tad more stable, like Champ/Z

ya regretting getting rid of it haha but wanted another color lol

Id prefer Goldline... I like the way it looks and the way they fly better. More glide and less stable.

BTW: Im loving that GL Flow I got from you a little while back!

Striker-opto flat top
River-gl dome
Flow-gl flatter dome
Core...both plastics

Hard to choose though...both plastics have their merits

goldline made me fall in love with lat.

start there, and if you need more durability or over-stableness, pick up some opto.

What works best for me is Opto for maximum distance, Gold Line for controlled distance.

The touch more stability of Opto means that I can lay into them a little more if I am trying to squeeze out a tad more distance. The glide and more neutral flight of Gold Line means that I can back off the power when going for control and still get more than respectful distance.

So in reality that means unless I am really opening it up on a bomber hole, I am using Gold Line.

Optos are more durable and can take more punishment from cement, rocks, and bolders. The are also a bit more stable but less glide than the Gold. Gold line breaks in faster while Opto takes much longer.

I chose gold line for the reasons stated in the last 2 sentences of the first paragraph; they break in faster (which normally translate to better control, for me at least) with better glide. And of course the beautiful colors and the way they feel.

Now if and when I move to Arizona, this may change...

I prefer the grip and flx of opto, but not by much. GL seems to mold a bit more consistently imo, but thats just from fondling the discs on the shelf and whatever ive ordered.

They are both solid plastics. I prefer Opto towards the overstable side of thin trends Gold Line for the understable discs.

I throw:
Visions (mainly Gold Line, however carried a flat Opto as a controlled distance driver)
Tridents (Opto)
Rivers (Gold Line)
Core (both, Gold for annies, Opto for hyzers)

I have thrown and/or own:
Strikers (Opto)
Rivers (Opto)
Fuses (Opto)
Halo (Opto)
XXXs (Opto)
Riot (Opto)

And all of them were solid in that plastic. Optos will last longer and hold it's current stability longer. I have a Gold Line Core that turns over more than my Meteors. It is sickly flippy (in a good way). But really it's just going to be personal preference. It took my a little bit to warm up to Gold Line plastic. But I didn't really like the very first runs of it (the Pole Dancer Strikers). I sold all of mine. It's changed some since then. Now I like it a lot, but wouldn't throw overstable stuff in it, since I beat it to death. I just wish they would adjust the Grip Line back the way they produced the Premier Editions. Now that was some awesome base plastic.

In the woods and the rough I like my opto, it's a little more stable and does not get as knicked up as the gold line does. In the open and on the fairway I use my gold. I carry XXX, Halo, Flow, Striker, River, Vison, Core, and Fuse 1 of each in Gold and Opto.

They're both sexy, for me sometimes the opto just doesnt feel right. The GL always has solid grip imo.

I love me my opto blitz... but Gl is just as respectable you really can not go wrong with lat plastics... while your shopping you might look into a zero pure, its like a beadless wizard but the plastic is almost dusty, holds up to wear too...

Latest posts