• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Glide vs. Meteor

ReinZ_96

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
What are some of the differences between the two? All I can really see after looking at them both is that the Glide is a tad bit faster. But I'd like to learn a lil more about them before I make the choice of which disc to buy. Thanks:thmbup:

I own both and for some reason can't get used to the Glide. For me actually it doesn't glide whatsoever. Its strange. I have tried to like it but everytime I take it out for a round I hate it.

The meteor on the other hand is a magical disc. It holds lines really well and glides forever. It goes as far as my drivers sometimes. I use it for dead straight shots or turnover shots. It usually holds its line all the way to the end with no fade unless you get it up too high or have the nose up too much. Its a staple in my bag.

See, I'm the exact opposite with the Glide. It does exactly what I want it to. I often find myself underthrowing midranges and the glide gets me more distance because of my light throws and usually parks for nice, easy putts. I have heard alot of top pros use meteors though. I say get both :thmbup:

I'm with climbingbubba, love my Meteor, but can't get comfortable with the Glide. I think the Glide is more sensitive to my technique flaws while the Meteor is much more forgiving.

Glide needs some good snap and you will get results! They are both similar, but if I try to crush my meteor for me I get a heavy anheyzer were the glide just takes off!

The meteor is a great disc. I've fooled around with a lot of understable midrange discs (panther, stingray, OOP Breeze, Kite, and all that good stuff) and the meteor has prooven itself.

Glide needs some good snap and you will get results! They are both similar, but if I try to crush my meteor for me I get a heavy anheyzer were the glide just takes off!

FYI, what you mean to say is the Meteor gives you a lot of High Speed Turn because of it's under-stability. Hyzer and Anhyzer refer to the release angle of the disc, not the flight path it takes.

I put a couple meteors to the test yesterday at kensington (a course that has majority right turing doglegs) and I was NOT impressed.

I felt their window of execution was much smaller and speed sensitive then the comets I'd usually use. So with that said, I'd prefer the glide over the meteor. Though charts say the glide is faster, it flies like a slow disc- flips easy, likes snap more then speed, and likes height- while the meteor flies like a faster disc- likes speed and the lower line.

I see the metor like a flippy buzzz and the glide like a bigger, flippy xl.

Latest posts