• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Wanted] Glow Disc Needed...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdamcat

Bogey Member
Well there's a glow tournament at my home course next weekend, so I will get to see what night golf is all about. Currently I have these champion glow disc: Buzzz, monarch, wraith, teebird plus, aviar, and a firebird-L.

I'm trying to find these disc: Nuke, Sidewinder, Roc, Valk, or anything that is somewhat flippy or a must have that other night golfers would recommend.

I'm also needing a black light flashlight so if anyone has one of them I would be interested in that also.

I have tons of plastic new and used that I can trade. Just let me know what your looking for.

i have these if your interested......

cfr champion glow aviar 175g 9.5/10
dx rancho glow roc 174g 8/10
dx ontario glow roc 180g 9/10 tournament stamp

ooh, if he doesn't want the glo rancho, I'll take it.. you were holding out.

Scott Papa/Daliwood has a limited edition run of Glow Z Comets up for sale. They're based out of Bremerton, WA, but they will ship anywhere for a flat rate of $5. Just a warning though, they are not cheap and you get to pay a sales tax that is approaching 9%. Didn't stop me of course :rolleyes: You can find 'em on nwdiscgolfnews.com

I have a Champ Whippit. If you have trades i may let it go.

Can I make a bold suggestion, since we have just begun night disc-golfing............what has worked for us is the purchase of bobber lights from the fishing section at WalMart. We taped them to the top of the discs.........and you don't lose them and they are bright red when flying..........they are about $3.50 each, and they are red on the end with a one inch silver piece. They are NOT the 4 pack of glow sticks, but are labeled as Replacement for bobber fishing. THEY REALLY ARE COOL

Can I make a bold suggestion, since we have just begun night disc-golfing............what has worked for us is the purchase of bobber lights from the fishing section at WalMart. We taped them to the top of the discs.........and you don't lose them and they are bright red when flying..........they are about $3.50 each, and they are red on the end with a one inch silver piece. They are NOT the 4 pack of glow sticks, but are labeled as Replacement for bobber fishing. THEY REALLY ARE COOL

This is what I do too. As long as you tape them smoothly onto the flightplate, the disc only loses a little bit of stablility. They're also reuseable. I have used mine for a couple years now, but I don't throw glow but a couple times a year. I just never really got a decent glow out of any of the glows I've thrown (Z Stalker & Buzz, Glow Wizard - the Wraiths and TeeBird+ I have glow a little better) and found I'd rather throw the discs I'm used to throwing every day.

I don't know what course you're playing, but we usually play at shorter courses around here. You'll more than likely only need a few discs. It's always been more about fun than scores anyway.

Last edited:
These are all you need. They are ultra light weight LED's (available from radio shack) all you need to do is use some clear duct tape to tape it to the bottom of the flight plate (available in the HVAC section at Lowes and Home Depot) and you are good to go.

LEDlit.jpg

LED.jpg

Thanks for all the suggestions I may try and look for the bobber replacements tomorrow at Wal-Mart.

I pm'ed some of you back about disc.

This is what I do too. As long as you tape them smoothly onto the flightplate, the disc only loses a little bit of stablility. They're also reuseable. I have used mine for a couple years now, but I don't throw glow but a couple times a year. I just never really got a decent glow out of any of the glows I've thrown (Z Stalker & Buzz, Glow Wizard - the Wraiths and TeeBird+ I have glow a little better) and found I'd rather throw the discs I'm used to throwing every day.

I don't know what course you're playing, but we usually play at shorter courses around here. You'll more than likely only need a few discs. It's always been more about fun than scores anyway.

I have to agree glow discs are not necessary. I use the bobber lights with electric tape. I have used the same one's for over 4 years. I tape mine underneath and you can see them through almost any color disc except black. I have 400ft distance and have never had one come off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts