• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Glow discs, how to use them?

Nimi

Simple question: how do you use them?

I mean, do you carry a flashlight with you and light up the disc with it occasionally to keep it glowing?

And how well does it show when it's almost perfectly dark?

This has been possibly asked before, but impossible to find, sorry.

I think uv flashlights work best. And yep, you'll probably have to do it at least every hole maybe more depending on the manufacturer. I always use led's. Tape them on & you're done

You get a UV flashlight to light them up then you throw. Some glo discs are better than others, if it's super dark you shouldn't have a problem. If there's any ambient light from street lights or a full moon then they become a little hard to see.

I carry a UV LED flashlight with me and give it a quick charge between holes. It depends on the disc, though, for how long it will hold a charge. Those Eclipse Ions are pretty impressive, although I haven't actually played a glow round with them yet. I let them sit in the sun for a couple minutes and they held a charge throughout the entire night. I had them in my bedroom and kept getting woken up by them. :)

I use this.

In pitch black they are super easy to see and I can see them through the entire flight. As New mentioned, they are a little tougher to see if there is a lot of light around. Although I did play a round with a full moon and no clouds the other day and had no problem finding the discs quickly.

The Ions are pretty awesome. I put an LED mag light on it for about 30 seconds, and as I turned the lights out as I started to step outside, I could see the glow reflecting off my hand. Even in "lighter" dark, you shouldn't have any problem seeing it.

I have one of those uv flashlights, and it does get the discs to glow. I've been disappointed in kc pro glo aviars. They don't hold the glow for long at all. My glo champ leoprd lasts more than twice as long, but still gets really dim by the time I get to it. I've had better luck with taped on leds.

UV flashlights. keep it in the middle. use LED's pay the jar, use discs that are "Glo" pay the jar, fall down brea kor ankle like i did pay the jar. SS stylie

Z plastic glows just as well as champ in the discs I've owned. Although it really depends on the individual disc imo. My champ glow destroyer glows much better than my champ glow teebird, but both are outshined by my glow wizard. But even the worst glow disc is still plenty bright to see in the dark and plus you won't end up that one guy in every glow round who's taped on led either stopped working mid flight or popped off after slamming a tree

glo z plastic is awesome. Its better than Innova's CFR Glo IMO

^^^arent
^^^ break your ankle

Last edited:
I let them sit in the sun for a couple minutes and they held a charge throughout the entire night. I had them in my bedroom and kept getting woken up by them. :)

Don't let your glow discs sit in direct sunlight, it will decrease the brightness of the glow over time. I've heard (I haven't tried yet) if they are in INDIRECT sunlight for the day that they will glow all night.

Another vote for the UV LED flashlights. The one I use is a 51 led that you can find on ebay for around 15-20. A couple quick swipes and the disc lights up perfectly. Plus, the blacklights aren't nearly as annoying to everyone's night adjusted eyes.

Innova DX plastic isn't quite as spectacular looking as the Discraft Glo Z stuff, but they absolutely do the job. I've done a few glow rounds in Colorado, and haven't lost anything yet...admittedly, there have been a couple near misses, but not much moreso than throwing in the daytime.

I've also got a few Champ discs with these drilled in: http://flashflight.com/products/hole-in-one They work great...although this does permanently kill a disc since you have to punch a hole through it. They add 10 grams to the weight, so I wouldn't go jamming them through a 175...but they do make glow rounds much more low maintenance.

As glow plastic usually comes with a premium price tag, I never trust them just to glow. Here is the main reason...If your course has a lot of schule (or some similar hiding places) where a disc can slide and get lost - the glow isn't easy to find. I always tape on LED's!! Besides, the lights look really cool flying thru the air!!

UV flashlights. keep it in the middle. use LED's pay the jar, use discs that are "Glo" pay the jar, fall down brea kor ankle like i did pay the jar. SS stylie

is that english??

--

Tools for glow/night golf:

1. UV flashlight and Glo(w) discs: so much better than LED's taped or bolted thru your plastic.

2. Regular flashlight: duh.

3. Glow Sticks: Hang them from the inner chains of the basket.

Just charge your discs with the UV light right before you throw and you won't have a problem finding them.

is that english??

--

Tools for glow/night golf:

1. UV flashlight and Glo(w) discs: so much better than LED's taped or bolted thru your plastic.

2. Regular flashlight: duh.

3. Glow Sticks: Hang them from the inner chains of the basket.

Just charge your discs with the UV light right before you throw and you won't have a problem finding them.

You got me, I can not ah typeah. Flashlight......Glow sticks? Seriously?? Everything else you said i very much agree with.. And to think College would of taught me something!