• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Glow problems..What discs SHOULD dye but don't?

I have since dyed a few more glow discs, and they were the DX glow plastic. I bought some champ glow Orcs, but since they're champ plastic and therefor transparent, the only glow really comes from the rim.

What I did differently was mask with two layers of vinyl, turn up the heat, and let it go. I let them sit in the dye for 15 minutes, then rinsed and cooled off, then repeated. The dye still looks a little greenish, but they have held up and not faded much at all.

I know these are all over the site, but so you won't have to go digging for them, here they are, again:
John Lennon on a Glow Aviar:
4196187309_c523579ac0.jpg
4196187313_10d90c6b3e.jpg

The Doors on a Glow Valkyrie:
3907594035_f5777b0fa9.jpg
3907594091_682d7e589e.jpg

seems like dying a glow disc takes away from a lot of the glow ... do the people that have dyed glow discs still use them at night?

If you do it right, none of the glow should be missing or faded, except of course for the plastic that is now dyed. Only the Thin Lizzy disc is mine, the others were gifts, but I've seen them since and they are full glow, especially the Aviar(Lennon), which came out so great.

I have a LOT more glow discs that I have no idea what to do with -- but I knew after the Lennon disc that I'd find a way to do more. Nothing has smacked me over the head, but I'll be ready when it does. :D
If anyone has an idea or wants a glow Aviar, Valkyrie, or Champion Orc(not as much glow because it's champ transparent), let me know with a PM.

This was a CFR glow- it took very fine detail and held the dye perfectly.
IMG00307-20100302-1827.jpg

That...is...Awesome....

BOC doesn't get enough lovin'...I mean, "Godzilla?" What a great song!:)

Latest posts