• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Glow Tournament

ChuckNorris

Hi,

I am trying to help my disc golf club, and organize a glow tournament. I don't know if any one has some suggestions on how to light the baskets? Also where to get a good deal from led's?

Thanks

Hi,

I am trying to help my disc golf club, and organize a glow tournament. I don't know if any one has some suggestions on how to light the baskets? Also where to get a good deal from led's?

Thanks

Use glow sticks on the baskets, and usually LEDs are around $3-$5. Just make it part of the player pack, are you charging to enter the tournament?

Yes, we would like to put together player packs, and also an entry fee. The fees would go towards the club and course maintenance.

Go to NightFlightDiscGolf.com

They sell a bunch of different types of LED basket lights. I bought 20 of the mid-level, 3 LED ones (in case some break), and 1 of the 5 LED ones for my basket at home. They are totally Kick A$$. Last summer I played a ton of glow at Capital Springs in Madison. After a few rounds with the lights, people that saw me playing at dusk would start calling their friends to play glow bc they knew the lights would be there.

I have had a couple break, but I realized this was because I was hanging them far too low (all the way to teh bottom of the chains) - once I started putting them up at the tape, I haven't had a single one break.

My buddy and i used to glow golf all the time. we have done osage multiple times and he bought a bunch of "fun" lights from party city and put them on. they worked well.

Our park lets us do some glow/camping events, always good to see more glow golf popping up. Like using LED Balloons and tape for basket lighting, they give a large target, but since the led is in the balloon, it doesn't blind you like open leds or flashlights and they are like 10 bucks for a pack of 15 at Walmart so they are pretty cheap and come in a variety of colors which can help differentiate holes by color code for people unfamiliar with the course. They are also pretty thick so on top of the basket they generally hold up if an incoming putt or approach hits it. Maybe other than that a few glow bracelets or a long camping quality glowstick taped in the sweet spot makes for a great fun cosmic bowling/psychedelic element without having to spend too much. We generally stick with blacklights and glow discs only so people can keep decent nightvision. If your looking to do players packs on the cheap you can buy bulk glow discs from Lightning for cheap and Gateway has good prices on tournament packages. Another option to make some extra money for the cause is buy some uv blacklight mini flashlights or utility lights in bulk and sell them to players.

Last edited: