• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Going out on bad days

Do you go out on bad days?

• Yes

Votes: 120 68.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 7.4%
  • If i'm talked into it

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • See how it goes

Votes: 34 19.4%

• Total voters
I don't mind wind, snow or rain. (If the rain's not too heavy and I have a hat.) In the summer, to beat the heat I'll try to get out as early as I can.

heavyish rain does drive me off, becuase if I cant grip, it ain't no fun

Rain doesn't bother me. I've played in Blizzards, Mud, cold, Coastal winds, (...that actually got irritating!) Heavy bug areas, and cold rain. The one thing that seems to hit me like kryptonite is excessive heat. I've done it, but boy does it wipe me out. Hot & Muggy day in August, doesn't appeal to me much. I'm more of a cold natured person.

A friend and I played in a lightning storm at Cascade Lodge near Grand Marais, MN. We "had" to duck under a pine to try and stay as dry as we could. It was raining so hard we couldn't stand up straight on the rock (which is what the ground is, in most areas on the North Shore).

Also, we played in a downpour at Mont Du Lac (Superior, WI), first time there, and we still had a blast.

When we did our WR, we played in 4-5 inches of rain in the first 4-5 hours.

The elements are a great equalizer, anybody can play when it's 70 and calm. Weather gives you the opportunity to see how good your game is.

i play in bad conditions all the time. deep snow, windy, threatening rain, too hot, too cold, you name it. it has perks such as an empty course and good practice for those conditions.

I don't enjoy solo rounds in poor weather, but it's always fun with a group. In Minnesota yesterday, it was 30 degrees and a winter storm warning. We only ended up getting 5'' or so, but my Tuesday night league moved forward! We average 18 people per week, but only managed to get 7 yesterday.

Goes to show ya that most people (not on this site) are fair-weather players only.

I played all Winter long, even after a blizzard in 3ft+ drifts and 30+mph winds. That was the worst weather I've played in yet.

I'm always the one suggesting to go play when the weather is crap. I don't care as long as its not a steady rain. Some of my friends are wimps, crying about the wind all the time. Play through it. :|

I played all Winter long, even after a blizzard in 3ft+ drifts and 30+mph winds. That was the worst weather I've played in yet.

Yes. ^^That was by far the worst conditions I've played in as well (at Shore Acres with the 3ft+ drifts and gusty winds). I actually got stuck in the snow at one point it was so deep.

I'll play in anything except when it's lightning. A lot of times, the crazier the weather, the more fun the round. My least favorite weather is when it's *just* above freezing, and raining/sleeting. I'll still go though.

Around here, if you don't disc in bad weather, you don't get to disc very much. ;)

Aint no body gonna hold me down, oh no, I gotz to keep on throwin'

more pics and videos later, but we played in the rain and heavy wind on a flooded course. I lost 2 swedish putters :(.

Pic is Cheifstang and a friend of his

Attachments

• Dagobah1.jpg
    Dagobah1.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 33
In the NW, if you don't go out when it is bad out, you may never get out for months at a time. I would say I dg when it is rainy, windy, snowy and/or muddy more then when the sun is out for obvious reasons...it is Seattle.

i'll play in a light rain during the summer when it's hot, but i hate being cold- if i get chilled i'm miserable, no fun. wind, snow depends. won't play in the mud so as not to tear up the course. 40 deg is pretty much my lower limit except for 'ice bowls'(unless the wind chill is in the 20's or less, then you won't see me anywhere near a tee). there's no such thing as too hot for me.

In the NW, if you don't go out when it is bad out, you may never get out for months at a time. I would say I dg when it is rainy, windy, snowy and/or muddy more then when the sun is out for obvious reasons...it is Seattle.

This. Finally a good couple of days after it said on the news last week that we had rain 44 out of the last 46 days. Freaking Seattle.

I've yet to get hailed upon. That would actually be pretty sweet, in an odd, masochistic sorta manner. :\:)

Went out yesterday as our big storm was rolling in. Snow started to fall heavily by hole #2, and was flying horizontally by hole 14 when we were on top of the mount.

Not the best score ever, but it was a blast. :thmbup:

Woke up to 6" of snow this morning, too. :(

I play whenever i get a chance to no matter what the weather but the worst was a couple of years ago the tornado sirens went off while i was playing. Called my dad and found out it wasn't close so i finished my round.

"Bad" weather is subjective, I thought this weather was incredible! But technically I suppose my answer to this question is Yes:

Playing in anything more than a drizzle sucks,but i've done it before anyways,i'm dumb :(

Not only will I play in any weather, I will dive in water for my disc in any weather. I will not walk across ice, but I will walk in water that has ice floating in it.

Latest posts