• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

going to a pro clinic

jermlac

Bogey Member
I have signed up for a pro clinic that takes place in a couple of weeks at a tournament that I am not in... I've also never been to a tournament of any type. What should I expect?

Should I bring my own discs?
Would a stool be useful or in the way?
Are there etiquette rules I should follow about a pro clinic?
Could I ask for an autograph on a disc when it's over?

I have signed up for a pro clinic that takes place in a couple of weeks at a tournament that I am not in... I've also never been to a tournament of any type. What should I expect?

If you plan on following a card during the tournament then I'd bring a stool. It also might prove useful as you listen at the clinic.
Yes, a solutely bring your discs to the clinic. Id expect that youll listen and learn for a while, then implement what youve learned by throwing. Dont be afraid to ask questions and try something that's away from your norm. There's really no etiquette, and I'd expect the clinic pro to pretty much carry the clinic and have a sort of itinerary. Just dont be the guy who asks a TON of questioms or acts a fool.
There's not wromg at all with asking for an autograph as long as your respectful about it. Especially if you bought some tour fundraising plastic from the pro.

Should I bring my own discs? - Yes.
Would a stool be useful or in the way? - Big time useful.
Are there etiquette rules I should follow about a pro clinic? - General respect. Obviously do not smoke during clinic or show up bombed.
Could I ask for an autograph on a disc when it's over? - Absolutely. Bring some cash, they may have discs or swag to sell.

//hope it is Jay and Dez Reading.

Bring your own discs.
Bring a stool.
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
Remember to bring a sharpie, so they have something to sign it with.

Set up the tripod and take some video. you will probably get about 500 views on the youtubes..

I'll be at that one as well, and playing that weekend. Looking forward to it. Lizotte is doing his Flying Circus the Monday before the tournament as well at Audobon in Garland.