• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Going to an all innova bag.

PDGA says that Aviar and XD are both a height of 2.0. XD feels shallower though, but don't know why.

Then again, PDGA says that the Ion is 1.9, and Anode is 2.1...so who knows.

Last edited:
4x JK Aviar on left of both pictures.
Champ XD on right

picture.php

R-Pro on right...... about 1 year of wear.
picture.php

Although I've been familiar with the XD for years (and I used to have one), I never realized how much the XD and Pure appear to be similar.

I'm not saying they're exactly the same, but if you would've told me that's a worn Pure on the right, I would've believed it.

Great thread idea. I have been thinking about going to an all Innova bag this season but I just can't get rid of my Buzzz and Comet. I also have been throwing a very stable King recently and its been pushing 450 for me, whereas my Destroyer maxes out at 420.

- 4 Star Destroyers - Flippy, Semi-Flippy, Stable, and Overstable

I carry six Destroyers so I know the feeling!

Descriptions don't do a good R-pro (or DX) XD justice.

The fact that it can just glide in the direction you point, compared to the KCPro Aviar, is the only reason you should keep it in your bag (if you're going all Innova).

i thought i was the only one switching to an all-Innova bag.
-Destroyer
-Tern
-Wraith
-Firebird
-Eagle
-TL
-Roc3
-DX Roc
-Mako3
-Pig
-Aviars (JK for putting, P&A Driving)

my bag is mostly Innova now with a few Lat64 disc sprinkled in.

You have a whooole lot of amazing underrated options with just limiting yourself to Innova. I completely understand choosing to go all Innova/Discmania/Millenium, or to at least try it, but to belittle other brands is very ignorant and silly. It's not the discs lol, it's you. Make sure to try plenty of under rated plastics and molds from Innova, there is a lot of unpopular plastics and molds that will undoubtedly fly exactly as you like that you might never experience if you only copy others.

Very true Ted. my ending up with a mostly Innova bag has to do with availability, Innova is the company most represented in my area, so when I need something quick, it's what's at hand. But I love trying new plastic when I'm out of town and fondling the shelves.

Ok so I have decided to go to an all innova bag as i feel more consistent with innova( love many other brands, just don't perform as well for some reason)Having a couple problems with my setup. Here is what my bag should be like in a couple of weeks.
-Destroyers
-Sidewinders?????Not sure about this one yet
-Firebird
-Teebirds
-Leopard
-Gator
-Roc
-Not sure what to use for a US mid, my favorite mid is a meteor so could someone suggest a replacement?
-Rhyno
-KC aviars. Tips, comments, or suggestions are always useful!
Your favorite mid is a meteor. Throw a meteor. You're not sponsored, you're not under any obligation to them - throw the disc that you're the most comfortable with. Just because the Innova discs in other molds seem better to you - your favorite disc is a non-Innova disc. So keep using it. Don't limit yourself by an arbitrary standard, use what is best for you.

((though as a Team DD guy I'd just like to say: check out the Tursas by Westside ;) ))

I could do an all Innova bag, but it would be hard to play without my Wizards, Trident, and Stilletto.

I could replace most of my non Innova

Saint - ThunderBird
Mace - Gator / New Roc
Buzzz - beat Roc
Fuse - Mako

But replacing the Zone is tough. Rhyno isn't quite a Zone.

Your favorite mid is a meteor. Throw a meteor. You're not sponsored, you're not under any obligation to them - throw the disc that you're the most comfortable with. Just because the Innova discs in other molds seem better to you - your favorite disc is a non-Innova disc. So keep using it. Don't limit yourself by an arbitrary standard, use what is best for you.

((though as a Team DD guy I'd just like to say: check out the Tursas by Westside ;) ))

The problem is, since I have had the meteor, I haven't allowed myself to throw anything else that is like it. But if I do try other molds out, which I will hopefully be able to do next week, and it doesn't work, I'll stick with my meteor.

I have an all (almost) Innova bag as well, I have an Ace Race Meteor in my bag that I would not trade for anything. Feels great in my hand and I love the flight pattern.

Oh, I used to have a krait, it was the first disc I ever bought.(152 blizzard). I might get a gstar and just see what happens, although I doubt it will get in the bag. Would a tern be a better driver instead of a sidewinder for my more understable shots?

GStar Kraits are solid, very consistent.

Depending on your power level, the Sidewinder will become a super straight bomber or a super turnover/roller disc over time.

I prefer Terns personally, and I pair them with Destroyers. Some Terns are more understable than others. I like EchoStar Terns for a nice understable driver out of the box that will wear nicely over time.

Last edited:

Latest posts