• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Going to play with Simon today!

DoWork

Double Eagle Member
Got an invite to a private course last night for an event built around Simon Lizotte himself coming out to play it and do some vlogging for his channel. Needless to say I'm pulling the freakin ripcord- leaving work early, stealing the Magic Bus and all our practice baskets as well as bringing a few of the guys that work for me for a nice treat and to get away from work for a while. It's a shorter course so I'm holding out hope for a Bremen Bomber ace clinic laser light show for the ages.

With any luck I might just get on his card too, I got to play on Eric Oakley's card when he came there a few months ago so fingers crossed! I have sooo many questions for him, but I hope my fanboyism can be toned down so I don't creep the dude out haha

Been watching his new vlogs a lot, so really excited that he is coming to play. Easily my favorite pro, and I cannot wait to get the hell out of here and chuck come plastic!

I will share stories, pics and video afterwards for sure. :thmbup:

As someone new to the sport, i've been searching for a pro to claim as mine. I think the German wonderboy has just about wrapped up the competition! Really awesome that you got an invite to play! Good luck man

Well that was awesome! Simon is about as nice as a guy can get and super easy to talk to. I got there late (stupid ski area!) but got to follow his card for a day round and watch which was way cooler than it sounds. The guy flat out rips, and can shape an MD4 like I've never seen. He gave the kids that were there signed discs, hung out at the bonfire, ate with us and then we all played a glow round and I got to be on his card. He is chill afffffffffff. We also talked about him coming to the mountain and doing some trick shots on skis and off the chairlift, so definitely hoping that works out.

He said he was using the trip for tomorrow's episode on his YouTube channel so that should be cool to see, hopefully I don't get caught picking my nose.

... hopefully I don't get caught picking my nose.

Or tossing a can in the trash 3 feet away and missing.

But seriously, that's awesome that you got to meet Simon in such a fashion. I met him once by chance, and admittedly, I was a little starstruck. He really is a good dude.

Also, you didn't happen to mention the "flying basket of death and destruction," did you?

Or tossing a can in the trash 3 feet away and missing.

But seriously, that's awesome that you got to meet Simon in such a fashion. I met him once by chance, and admittedly, I was a little starstruck. He really is a good dude.

Right? Air ball the can for a Nomez haha

Cannot even express how much of a class act Simon really is. Sometimes your heroes fail to live up to the person in your head in one way or another, but he exceeded my lofty expectations in every way. He also absolutely torched the course, throwing 8 under his first round. I jumped in to caddy for an 8yo on his card for the day round and he was really awesome to the kid too. Just every dimension of a quality human being on display from start to finish.

I have a few pics and some video I'll add once I get to my desk, but that could be a while!

Latest posts