• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Golf Discs at Hastings Books & Video stores

dammit! .. All you can find here in Vegas is Innova (Big 5, Sports Chalet, Sports Authority, etc), and they usually only have 5-6 molds, and charge way too much. I really wish I could buy more locally, so that I could actually hold the disc before purchasing it.

Wow guess I need to hit the local hastings here in Waco. This might send the only head shop in town out of the DG business... They are stupid pricey but have the only decent selection of Discraft here.

Drick - have you checked with the local Vegas club? Im sure they carry some club stock, if not check out some of the local head shops and smaller outdoor shops.

Last edited:
There are no discs at the Hastings in Moscow, ID. Maybe they are starting in the south and working their way up north? I hope so because that would make Hastings the only carrier of Discraft discs in town

I guess because they are based here we were the test area:thmbup:. Hasting's has been a supporter in the past and some of their employees have been seen on the course. Maybe Sam Marmaduke will set up a course on his island in the Gulf of Mexico.

I am lucky enough that my local DG club has a vendor and I get a %25 discount on all discs for being a member. But i was in a Scheels, sporting goods store, and they have a very impressive selection. Lat 64, discraft, innova, ching,and lightning, were some of the brands I noticed during my brief browsing period. They are very over priced though. I saw a Wizard SSS and they wanted $14.99 for it!

i checked out the one in lawrence, ks today. they had a lot of discs, mostly z plastic and a lot of the plastic was dyed. the prices were a little high 15.99 for z and 17.99 for dyed z, and 8.99 for pro D. i only throw one currently produced discraft mold and they did not carry it, the z comet. i think the buzzz was the most common disc followed by the entire cast of z nukes. i did almost buy a z stalker but resisted the urge. i might go back and buy that stalker after some research.

Word has it that a local Dg'er (Jon K.) has been pestering them for a while now. His wife Kristie works there so he's got their ear. Innova sales as well form what Jon says. Way to go Jon and Kristie!

Marmaduke for BOD!

So I walked into our local Hastings tonight to check out video rentals and what do you suppose was right inside the door. A big Discraft display. Prices were a bit high IMO, especially on the premium plastics, ($16 for Z, and $18 for ESP, which will be about $17.25/$19.25 once you add tax) but that's to be expected. A lot of lightweight stuff. 150 class Hornet anyone?

I really should get in the disc selling business and undercut them bastards. I could even offer Innova.
:p

Innova just added at our Hastings. Just a few boxes on a rack with no rhyme or reason as to what was in there. Lots of blizzard stuff. A few molds our Academy does not have. Had never seen a Teedevil or Coyote before.

I'm in Northern Utah and our Hastings now sells Discraft and Innova. Ya it's convenient, but they seem over-priced to me.

I guess if you like Discraft and Innova it's ok. I prefer Latitude 64 and Vibram...I'm shopping online.

Yes, they are high, and Academy carries some of the same molds for a good bit less. Still, ours has an impressive number of Discrafts molds, and a few Innova that Academy does not carry.

You think that's nucking futz, Wal-mart is selling innova and millenium now.

I realize someone bumped this and this guy isn't probably going to see this but was this serious? The WalMart in Emporia was selling Innova discs in 1996. That's how I got my first disc, the most buttery dx shark. The music shop sold discraft that reaked of incense smoke. Both still sell discs with DD in town now. :D