• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Good DG Shoes

I rock the low cut/minimalist when it comes to shoes.. I love to play in my keen newports during warm weather because they are breathable and light on the feet.

In the wet winter months, I have been playing in some waterproof slipon tevas - but have worn those out... I am considering the Keen Targhee IIs, any experience with those shoes folks??

I rock the low cut/minimalist when it comes to shoes.. I love to play in my keen newports during warm weather because they are breathable and light on the feet.

In the wet winter months, I have been playing in some waterproof slipon tevas - but have worn those out... I am considering the Keen Targhee IIs, any experience with those shoes folks??

Mine didn't last a season....sides blew

I mean they fit perfect width and length wise.

I just have chicken legs so my ankles aren't very snug.

Have you tried mole skin or any of the new film style bandages. i have had good luck with them for blistering

Mine didn't last a season....sides blew

Can you suggest something better? The best thing about Keen is..... the same thing happened to me on a 2 month onld pair of newports (split the seams on one shoe side), contacted Keen, sent them some pics, had a new pair no questions asked not more than 2 weeks later...

Last edited:
Have you tried mole skin or any of the new film style bandages. i have had good luck with them for blistering

I'll give it a try, thanks.

Was just trying to layer up my socks to prevent it and it didn't help at all.

Can I just line the inside of my boots with it? Or do I need to wrap my ankles every time?

Can I just line the inside of my boots with it? Or do I need to wrap my ankles every time?

no it goes on your ankles.....for the cost of rubber boots it will be cheaper to just go buy something that fits you properly. Bandages are expensive and the cost will add up quickly

Columbia and Sorel make great winter boots

Those New Balance boots aren't insulated and are not my full blown winter boots. I have a pair of insulated Sorels for the slop.

I've had really good luck with New Balance. I have a wide foot & they have the XXX sizes to accomodate me.
These are my latest pair. I just got these at the local discount shoe store at the mall:
NB410_front.jpg

NB410.jpg

They are lightweight, breathable & hold up well to the unusual wear areas of the disc golfer.

low top merrels, period, end this thread ;)

been there done that. 3 pairs of merrels didn't work for me. thankfully the last pair was from REI. traded up for vasque. more $$, but i was not interested in going back after 2-3 months for another pair of shoes.

I just got a pair of Hi-tek hiking shoes from Sports authority. Can't complain, still going strong after 2 seasons. $30, and I play almost every day.

merrels are good. had mine for 6 months, they have taken a beating but nothing a bit of super glue can't fix also got mine on sale only cost be a hundred, i hope they last a year or more

low top merrels, period, end this thread ;)

me merrils fell apart after 2 1/2 months, and they were the top end goretex ones

using Garmont now....

I would love to find a pair of shoes that will actually put up with the twisting stress DG puts on them.....they all seem to fall apart

Latest posts