• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

good first putter?

another online gangsta...you kids are funny....how many putters are in circulation?...seems most have been named here..i say that for a lot of threads because it is true..

You guys should get your own "real world" show.

Why isn't Rhyno Nation representin'?!?

I love the Pro Rhyno. (not to be confused with the stiffer Pro Line Rhyno) My home course has some severe elevation and rhynos are less prone to float way past the basket. Once they run out of steam they fall.

I started with Aviars, didnt really like 'em and got a Elite-Z putt'r that I loved 'til someone rolled up something on the underside of it and then stole the putter from my car. I moved to and Elite X putt'r which is really soft. I like that a lot more now, it might be a little heavy, but I never overshoot the basket.

One thing I will say is ask some people you play with to test throw their putters. That way you can see what you like and don't like with out spending money.

Why isn't Rhyno Nation representin'?!?

I love the Pro Rhyno. (not to be confused with the stiffer Pro Line Rhyno) My home course has some severe elevation and rhynos are less prone to float way past the basket. Once they run out of steam they fall.
+1

I've got a soft Pro Rhyno that is now my putter of choice. Rhyno is also the disc I thrown on most shots under 200'.

ERic

another online gangsta...you kids are funny....how many putters are in circulation?...seems most have been named here..i say that for a lot of threads because it is true..

Hey brother, you have to admit that when you spend an entire thread and about 20 posts demanding to be deleted that you are going to be forever known as "the guy who didn't leave"

Hang in there!

What's the difference b/w Gateway soft, super soft, and super stupid soft? I got a sss warlock that I like but I want something a bit firmer but I don't know the difference b/w the softs and the super softs.

What's the difference b/w Gateway soft, super soft, and super stupid soft? I got a sss warlock that I like but I want something a bit firmer but I don't know the difference b/w the softs and the super softs.
Generally, "Soft" is similar to regular DX or D plastic. "Medium" is pretty stiff and "Supersoft" is like a "Soft" putter from another company.

if they are just starting to play - go with the R-Pro Dart

it's a geat putter with great grippyness

Generally, "Soft" is similar to regular DX or D plastic. "Medium" is pretty stiff and "Supersoft" is like a "Soft" putter from another company.

Oh, I see said the blind man, so the "supersoft" is comparable to the soft challenger, magnet, etc? Is the medium like Innova's Pro plastic? Dang it's hard being a noob.

I found the SS and SSS Wizards both significantly firmer than either a Discraft Soft Magnet or Omega Super Soft. YMMV.

Yeah, it will depend a lot on the run, too. I have mediums that range from similar to softs I have up to really firm. I will agree that Wizards, no matter what the firmness, tend not to be floppy. If you define soft as floppy, then you might not want a Wizard...but I don't know why you'd want a disc that's naturally hard to get a consistant release with for the most important shot of the game.

Oh, I see said the blind man, so the "supersoft" is comparable to the soft challenger, magnet, etc? Is the medium like Innova's Pro plastic? Dang it's hard being a noob.
Medium is like stiff to really stiff DX plastic, depending on the run. The old Chiefs (H Wizard) were closest to Pro plastic, but, IMO, not great for putting or driving. They made good approach discs, though.