• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Good Luck Charms?

I found a 2" samurai figure holding a katana on a course last spring and put it on my bag. Since then two things have happened:
My Pro Katana finally became the great anny disc I always hoped it would, and my putting got a lot better when I finally decided to quit waggling[as most do] and just putt by concentration.

I carry a bag of sunflower seeds and I am constantly eating them during competitive rounds. I'm not sure its a "good luck charm" as much as a way to keep my hands and mouth busy during long rounds with lots of waiting. At this point I am used to putting with seeds in my mouth though, so maybe that's a thing?

I do the same thing when I play.

I think I do it because am better at things in general if I have some sort of distraction. For example: in school when I should be taking notes, I doodle while listening, writing down key things I hear, and can retain the information better.

My friend gave me a small packaged sausage once and it stayed in my bag for a few years--- through rain and snow and hot summer days--- It was my lucky sausage. It got so old that it got covered with yellow sludge inside the package.

I loved that sausage, but one day it just disappeared out of my bag--- my buddies and I always said that we would eat it one day and see what happened.

My friend gave me a small packaged sausage once and it stayed in my bag for a few years--- through rain and snow and hot summer days--- It was my lucky sausage. It got so old that it got covered with yellow sludge inside the package.

I loved that sausage, but one day it just disappeared out of my bag--- my buddies and I always said that we would eat it one day and see what happened.

Is that a real story!? Either way it's hilarious

It is a true story.

I was actually pretty sad and still am that the sausage isn't in my bag--- more worried about what happened to it.

It was always a funny thing when playing with someone new-- showing them my old moldy sausage in a bag.

It is a true story.

I was actually pretty sad and still am that the sausage isn't in my bag--- more worried about what happened to it.

It was always a funny thing when playing with someone new-- showing them my old moldy sausage in a bag.

Hahaha I just think my mind is too dirty to take your story seriously

I carry a bag of sunflower seeds and I am constantly eating them during competitive rounds. I'm not sure its a "good luck charm" as much as a way to keep my hands and mouth busy during long rounds with lots of waiting. At this point I am used to putting with seeds in my mouth though, so maybe that's a thing?

Third for a plug of seeds.

I have a lucky gold Buddha charm I've had in my bag for a long time... like 7 or 8 years. I bought it in japan many years ago and started using it as a good luck charm back in the day and the habit stuck. Occasionally when I have a tough shot I have to nail I'll give him a good luck rub, usually during tournaments.

I found a small soldier head off a toy on a course a long time ago that I keep i case I lose my head, a red marble in case I lose my marbles, and a whamo Master frisbe replica medallion.

I have a lucky gold Buddha charm I've had in my bag for a long time... like 7 or 8 years. I bought it in japan many years ago and started using it as a good luck charm back in the day and the habit stuck. Occasionally when I have a tough shot I have to nail I'll give him a good luck rub, usually during tournaments.

Did you live in Japan, or there serving or what?

I wear my lucky elastic band around my waist for every round. The used to be attached to boxers, however they disintegrated years ago :(

I use minis that are the same color as my putting putter. It's not really a superstitious thing, but I've done that consistently for the last several years.

Did you live in Japan, or there serving or what?

I was there for a month on a working vacation. At that time I was nearly fluent in speaking Japanese. My aunt is an installation artist and she had projects in Kyoto and Tokyo. She paid for my trip in exchange for me to be an interpreter for her/ babysitter for her young son. It was a killer trip and a great experience, I'd love to go back someday. Japanese culture has always fascinated me.

I found a 5 leaf clover next to my bag during a round. I pressed it between two pieces of clear packing tape and now carry it in my bag.

I also have a small Buddha hanging in front of my putter pocket. If I start to lose my cool or get nervous I squeeze the Buddha and bang putts.

I've carried Sheena for over 10 years, she has some magic beyond the grave powers.
SheenaMini.jpg

Had 2 others on my bag, but one came up stolen, and the other one has some bad memories and refuses to let go of them.

It is a true story.
Thanks for the new sig line.