• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Got a call about a lost disc - first time ever!

BigGAC1

Par Member
Title pretty much says it. I've lost probably a couple dozen discs over the years, pretty much all but a few had my name and phone # on them. And I received a call for the first time ever from someone who found my disc! I actually told the guy he could keep it though, as I lost it in Tulsa, and I currently live in DFW. (Also it was a Nuke OS, so I wasn't too depressed to part with it) So, if you read this, thanks for the honest effort man! You seem to be one of the respectable few.

On a related note, if you do read this, how the heck did you get that disc out of the water?!? I lost it on the second hole at McClure that is the black-hole-of-disc-death underneath the dam. I was sure it was in at least chest deep.

I know some people go with a pole and tap the bottom of ponds until they feel something that isn't mud.

I got a call today too. But I'm just too tired. He can keep it.

I found one in downtown dfw, it belong to a kid from Maine. That apparently lost it in Charlotte last year at worlds. It didn't have a number but the name did match a PDGA name (very unique) I gave PDGA my email and they gave my email to the family. Mom emailed and was like. Where in charlotte did you find it. I was like I found it in dfw. She never wrote me back. I guess either the husband got in trouble or it freaked out mom. I'm guessing someone found It in charolette and then lost it a couple weeks later in dfw

Found 3 in the creek yesterday while looking for my dad's disc he lost the day before. One guy lives 1 1/2 hours away but luckily he has some friends in the area. The other 2 were local and made it easy to meet up.

Oh yeah, and I found my dad's ace disc right as I was about to give up.

Title pretty much says it. I've lost probably a couple dozen discs over the years, pretty much all but a few had my name and phone # on them. And I received a call for the first time ever from someone who found my disc! I actually told the guy he could keep it though, as I lost it in Tulsa, and I currently live in DFW. (Also it was a Nuke OS, so I wasn't too depressed to part with it) So, if you read this, thanks for the honest effort man! You seem to be one of the respectable few.

On a related note, if you do read this, how the heck did you get that disc out of the water?!? I lost it on the second hole at McClure that is the black-hole-of-disc-death underneath the dam. I was sure it was in at least chest deep.

I want to say both congrats on having a bit of faith restored in humanity and also to wonder if I'm just lucky? I've lost perhaps 8-10 over the years and all but one that went into the Bow river came back eventually. One disc was lost, found, called, stashed for pick-up, re-found by someone in the stash spot and called again. Highlight on the other side for me was being able to return a completely unmarked disc to a fellow who eventually became a friend when he described losing a disc on a chance encounter on the hole I'd found it at a month earlier.

Pay it forward brothers, keep the faith! I've never understood keeping discs anyways, once they're broken in they mean 10x more to the guy who lost it than it will ever mean to the finder.

I estimate about 5% of found discs actually get called. That jives pretty well with your experience, but is pretty sad overall. I have also found that when you call a number on a found disc over half of people just tell you to keep it, and about half of those that want it back are willing or insistent on compensating you fairly.

I've returned at least 50 disc in the last year and half.

I always refuse any kinda compensation.

But one disc I found this year belonged to a guy who had moved to Massachusetts. I mailed it off to him and he mailed me back a nice Vibram putter.

This is why I always ink my discs. Even though the odds are low, there is always a chance. I've been called back a couple times. But the best ones you loose always seem like the most elusive...

Out of the tons of discs that I've lost, I've been called ONCE. After realizing that it just doesn't happen, I've quit playing with anything I can't replace off the shelf or easily from the marketplace.

I've successfully returned dozens...some via mail, most in person when they were found within an hour of being lost.

I've returned at least 50 disc in the last year and half.

I always refuse any kinda compensation.

But one disc I found this year belonged to a guy who had moved to Massachusetts. I mailed it off to him and he mailed me back a nice Vibram putter.

Okie-J, people like you are the reason I miss Oklahoma. Thank you for always returning discs. I recently moved to WI and just heard an awful story about something that happened at the course nearest me, there is a thread on here about it. I could be naive/biased but I feel like stuff like that doesn't happen in OK.

I wonder what % of lost discs are actually "lost", Never to be found again.

Latest posts