• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] got stingrays?

whatXhappened243

Par Member
alright so i picked up my first dx stingray a few months ago and now im hooked. ive since filled in two spots in my bag with a super flippy turnover 180 star and another star thats a touch more stable.

theyve become my go to to discs lately, esp the more flippy one for finesse shots. they oh so controllable and have prolly the most glide of any disc in my bag.

my question for the audience is if theres any other stingray fans in the room? ive nvr seen anyone else throwing em where im at so i had to see whats up?

I've been carrying a Super Stingray lately and enjoying it, but I took it out for Bowling Green because I don't know if I'm completely comfortable with it yet. I used to throw the DX ones a lot when I first started because it was the first disc I could turn over throwing backhand... now that I can turnover just about any disc I'm handed it isn't in my bag anymore.

They aren't as popular as they once were but I still see them around. I'm a lefty, so I use one a lot - hard to beat a Stingray for a lot of turn shots. Been trying out several other discs over the last year and there are honorable mentions for several of them, but Stingray is king for what it does best. Except for two courses nearby, I'm using a Core and Fuse more these days, but the Stingray can't exactly be replaced for me.

back in the day the stingray was the fastest disc you could get....oh how things change.

I recently added an Ontario 180 Stingray to my bag. The original Stingray was my first distance disc. It was white with the star stamp. I still have it too, all beat to hell.

I have had a Stingray in my bag non-stop for the past couple of years. I lose one to the drink, I go out and buy another one right away. I love the way they turn over and I think they are the perfect disc for beginners too. I always let first-timers throw my Sting when I take them out to play, and I have also bought many people Stingrays as their first discs.

1st run Stingray. We never heard if eBay back then so we always threw the 1st run discs. They did seem to always be the best. This was my main driver for at least a year.

Attachments

• Star 1st run Stingray.jpg
    Star 1st run Stingray.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 24
1st run Stingray. We never heard if eBay back then so we always threw the 1st run discs. They did seem to always be the best. This was my main driver for at least a year.

That's a nice 'ray. I just picked up a star a couple months ago I guess and am yet to throw it. I do want to get out and see what happens with a couple of cranks.

I just bought a DX Stingray about 10 days ago or something. It filled the Understable Mid slot in my bag.. Only one because I use it so rare.. When I put power on it.. It's going to be understable.. Very understable. More so then anything else in my bag.. (River(GL), Valkyrie(DX, Star, Champ)). Good disc, rim feels weird though.

I've sold both of these. The maroon ones were great discs, the white one is a 1X KC Ontario, they're flat and more stable. They take longer to break in and hold the sweet spots longer. That one was a great roller for me. I used that for at least a year.

picture.php

I'm a big fan.. I've carried one for quite awhile. Now that I've gotten pretty good at throwing a forehand shot, I don't use it much, but it won't be leaving my bag. A new DX one is money for hyzer-flipping down a tunnel.

I keep a beat stingray in the bag for rollers and shots that need to curl right more than a comet can.

There's a group of 5 guys that play at my home course that all only carry a stingray, even on windy days

I'm gonna grab one of the super stingrays soon. Used to play with a guy that carried at least 5 and all rollers, man he could roll those stingrays a country mile, always smiling and watching his rollers as if it were the first time he threw it that well.

I believe a DX Stingray was one of the first new discs I ever bought after I started playing more than decade ago, and it is still in my bag. I'm a natural righty who plays disc golf LHBH, so I don't have a natural shot that turns left. That's what my Stingray and three Leopards are for. I never really use the Stingray for drives ... it's for trouble shots, long consistent "floaty" turns, and #9 at Baraboo.

If puttlikeablowfly is my first name, my last name might be stinglikearay.

I believe a DX Stingray was one of the first new discs I ever bought after I started playing more than decade ago, and it is still in my bag. I'm a natural righty who plays disc golf LHBH, so I don't have a natural shot that turns left. That's what my Stingray and three Leopards are for. I never really use the Stingray for drives ... it's for trouble shots, long consistent "floaty" turns, and #9 at Baraboo.

If puttlikeablowfly is my first name, my last name might be stinglikearay.

We could call you Blowray.

I'm a fan. I bought one as my first mid, but after I got a Buzzz, I didn't throw it much anymore. When I needed a right-turning disc (I'm RHBH), I pulled out my beat 'Ray and was pleased with the results.

I now carry three--my original beat, and two others in various stages of wear for straight hyzer-flips, big s-curves, and just about any other shot. I'd gladly play with just my 'Rays.

I use a 174 Star Stingray as my primary fairway driver. I've had it for about 4 years and it still will fade a bit when thrown with a hyzer. It is good for me out to 290. I used to throw a leopard for shots around 230 to 280, but I use the stingray now.

I actually lost it recently and the Course Pro found it and recognized my stamp, then returned it to me.

Latest posts