• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Greater Cincinnati area suggestions?

MountainMan

Bogey Member
My brother and I may be heading to Cincinnati in mid-October on a disc golf trip. Idlewild is the obvious draw, and I have a list of several other courses based on reviews here. We will be driving, so anywhere in a triangle of Cincinnati, Louisville, and Indianapolis is fair game.

Here is my current list -

Idlewild
Lincoln Ridge
Mt. Airy Forest
Osage Grove
Wendell Moore
Ceraland Lakeside (IN)

I'd appreciate comments on this list and new suggestions.

Osage is the next best thing to Idlewild.

My list goes Idlewild, Osage, Lincoln Ridge, Mt. Airy. Mt Airy is my least favorite course, but the Nati Shop there is awesome so that is a big draw.

Idlewild
Lincoln Ridge
Mt. Airy Forest
Osage Grove
These are four must plays in this area. Monroe has a nice 24 hole course. Dunham is close to Mt Airy and that use to be a 9 hole ball golf course. You can bomb them there.
There are also some nice 9 hole courses, Mason north of Cincy, that's close to Monroe, and a new one in N Ky that I haven't played but hear good things about. That's South Fork Park.
A private course, Cabin Creek, north of Hamilton, OH. Call before you go, they make more money from their paint ball and as long as no paint ball they will let you play. $5 per day per person. Have a guide or a course map. No tee signs. The '98 Worlds was played there.

I like Harbin, it feels like golf proper. My fave is Osage Grove, Airy is dope!, Monroe is techy and fun, mason sports park is a great niner (don't know if I can say it's a must bc it's only a nine holer but fun) gotta say Gulley BC it's my home course!! Last but not least Sycamore Trails (technically Dayton but still SW OH) There ya go hit me up if you play Gulley or Monroe, I'll play a round with ya.

It's all personal preference, but for Cincy South, don't miss Lincoln Ridge or Idlewild. Cincy East, don't miss Osage Grove (and consider coming to see what's shaking out in Williamsburg). My favorite Cincy North course is Monroe, but add in Mason for a unique nine hole challenge. Heading to Cincy 'central' (inside the I-275 loop), meeting the guys at the Nati will let you decide if Mt Airy is your cup of tea. There is no Cincy West to speak of, but if you must hit something way over in Indiana, consider Cedar Sentinels for a rustic challenge (best after the leaves fall).
I'll add a southern Indiana suggestion for you: skip CeraLand & play Severin Lang near Louisville instead. :)

I visit Cincy at least once a year, Lincoln Ridge is more fun than Idlewild although IW is better. Mt Airy and Osage are very good. Don't forget to try the chili while in town, Skyline is all over while Camp Washington is near Mt Airy. Also a great beer town, I'm familiar with 50 West and Madtree.

Latest posts