• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cincinnati courses after rain?

MountainMan

Bogey Member
I posted a couple weeks ago for Cincy area course recommendations, and this is the week my brother and I will be heading that way. It looks like tomorrow (Wednesday) might be pretty wet, but Thursday and Friday look decent. Here are the four courses we are looking play -

Idlewild
Lincoln Ridge
Mt. Airy Forest
Osage Grove

If it isn't raining too hard Wednesday afternoon, which course would you play then? What are the best/worst after a rainfall, or are they all about the same?

Thanks for any tips!

I can't speak to the other two, but I've played both Lincoln Ridge & Mt. Airy during downpours. Neither are too bad, and they both drain well.

I posted a couple weeks ago for Cincy area course recommendations, and this is the week my brother and I will be heading that way. It looks like tomorrow (Wednesday) might be pretty wet, but Thursday and Friday look decent. Here are the four courses we are looking play -

Idlewild
Lincoln Ridge
Mt. Airy Forest
Osage Grove

If it isn't raining too hard Wednesday afternoon, which course would you play then? What are the best/worst after a rainfall, or are they all about the same?

Thanks for any tips!
My. Airy shouldn't be effected to much by rain. Make sure to play Idlewild on the best day it is by far the best course around and hard enough when the weather is perfect.

They will all have areas that will be slippery/muddy but Osage is one of the worst when or after it rains. But I wouldn't take that one off the list unless it down pours, which I don't think it's forecast-ed to do.

I'm not a local but I happened to play Idlewild during wet weather and it was a struggle. There is a large creek that runs through many holes. On the day I played there, water was moving through the creek at a pretty rapid rate. I lost one disc before I realized I needed to stay well away from the creeks. It's too bad too because the high creek made some of the more iconic holes on the course really hard to play. I didn't get to see the course at or near it's finest.

Lincoln Ridge is a problem in or after wet conditions, holes 14-18 are dangerously slippery.

Latest posts