• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Green RIT

skinner21

* Ace Member *
I tried using the Dark Green colored RIT last night and thank GOD I tried it out on a crappy disc before I put it on a the one I was going for because it came out brown with a hint of green. It looked like feces. It was BAD and looked nothing like the proclained "Dark Green". This was the first time I tried RIT and Acetone to paint on the dye, but I don't think that was the problem as the red and yellow I was using worked just fine. I then tried teal, but it was more blue than I wanted.

Has anyone else had this happen, or did I just get a bad batch?

Yeah my dark green actually turned out grey instead of green... certainly not brown though... I kept it though and use it as a darkener if i have two tones of the same color to dye... put the "dark green" and it acts as a dark base... actually works pretty well...

I had this problem too, was dyeing a Dead Bear with Dark Green, didn't quite work. Looked grayish, so I thought the dye wasn't taking, ended up turning up the heat and cooking the disc.
3852026205_78d2f41c53.jpg

Go with Kelly Green. Much more of what you'll be looking for.

I'm currently trying to figure out how to get a Tarheel/ sky blue together, because Teal/ Royal Blue/ etc don't really get what I want, and I can't find Evening Blue anywhere.

I had this problem too, was dyeing a Dead Bear with Dark Green, didn't quite work. Looked grayish, so I thought the dye wasn't taking, ended up turning up the heat and cooking the disc.
3852026205_78d2f41c53.jpg

Go with Kelly Green. Much more of what you'll be looking for.

I'm currently trying to figure out how to get a Tarheel/ sky blue together, because Teal/ Royal Blue/ etc don't really get what I want, and I can't find Evening Blue anywhere.

try this color chart on the RIT website. It shows how to make a ton of different colors, so you should be able to find what you're looking for. You can even buy directly throught the website, though the prices seem a tad high and I don't know about shipping.