• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Green valley amateur challenge?

nice you local? i've never played the course before. trying to play it the day before so i have a good feel for it.

Community Park a hundred or so yards up the road has a fairly large lot and is free. It's where a lot of locals without annual passes park, as the walk-in fee is much less. Do know that on Saturdays this time of year it may fill as the morning goes on due to Little League folks.

if the 3 spots and the handicap space are full right outside the entrance then the next best bet is the park about 200 yards past the entrance on the north side of the road. I will be playing on friday sometime between 8-12. My wife will be leaving for the weekend so I will have the kids the tourney weekend and will try to juggle everything. Just saw the tourney discs and they look sweet.

1 is in regular (short/middle)
2 in only position I know of (longer tee available)
3 in regular (short left)
4 in regular (short straight)
5 in only position
6 in only position (has short and long tees)
7 in regular (short)
8 in regular (short left)
9 in regular (right)
10 only position
11 on Island (left)
12 in regular (short/right)
13 in regular (short/right)
14 in regular (may be only placement)
15 in regular (short/left)
16 in long (up/right)
17 is not generally played in events (but that would be the regular spot)
18 in regular (may be only placement but there is an alternate fairway.)
19 only position

Generally we only play 18 holes during tournament rounds. Sometimes we play Hole 18 as shown. I think on long layout they use the "original" fairway to current basket location for 18.

The flier doesn't say much about what registration includes. Anyone know? I will be plunking down $45 because I am not a PDGA or SoCal DG member, so I am curious what my fees would go toward...

I'm not a local. I'm about 70 miles out. I've the played the tourney the last 2 years and I've only been to the course a few times other then that.

My daughter is signed up for the tourney, she's 11, really looking forward to playing the layouts. Does anyone know how early you can get into the park in the mornng?

I believe 7:30am is the earliest you can enter the park in the mornings and after daylight savings it will be open until 7pm.

Weather looks like it will be the biggest factor for this upcoming weekend.

whats the forecast? lloks like it'll be raining. ill keep my fingers crossed. any word on parking for the event?

Last edited:
my b. didn't see your previous post. I just thought u were stating that you had played the course. it wasn't clear that you were playing the tourney till i looked back. sorry for the rude comment, no harm intended. see you there.